RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   GWS Beaver Battery (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/1993947-gws-beaver-battery.html)

Ryan Nau 07-15-2004 03:02 PM

GWS Beaver Battery

I am putting together my GWS Beaver that has been sitting on the shelf for a while. I am using the stock motor and gearbox with it. What battery pack should I get. I am thinking a 2s 1500. Anything better? That won't burn out my motor will it? I have some 8 and 7 cell 720s that haven't been used in a lot time, so maybe if I cycle them they will be ok until i get a Lipoly.
Thanks
Ryan

Greg Covey 07-15-2004 03:17 PM

RE: GWS Beaver Battery

Hi Ryan,

I remember you from the E-Zone a few years ago.

The GWS Beaver is a geared Speed 370 power system. The stock battery compartment will only accomodate certain flat packs, so if your 720 packs are folded, you may have a problem.

An 8-cell pack of NiMH cells or 2-cell Kokam 1500 pack should work fine.

Regards.

Ryan Nau 07-15-2004 10:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I haven't been flying electrics hardly at all besides shockys that why i dont go on the ezone that much. I've been flying control line areobatics competition. Just got back from the Nats. And fly Big gas planes up to 40%ers. I still have my Kyosho Flash and Wattage Extra sitting down in the basement, but haven't flown them in a long long time.
Ryan

33zip 07-18-2004 12:50 PM

Hi Ryan,

I have an un-godly number of hours on my Beaver with 8.4 600 mah NiHd packs. It flys like a dream. But I just changed over to a 2s 1200 E-tec pack and it does ok to. I think I like way it flys with the NiHd better. It seems to handle a little better with the extra weight.

Dick

Fliegenmong 07-18-2004 11:33 PM

Hi There

I too am putting together a GWS Beaver together down here in Australia. My question is right at the beggining of the construction piece there is a requirement to draw a line on the engine mount 6mm and 5mm from the side at each end and this creates a slightly slanted thrust line to line up with some part on the engine presumably further down the track. Which end goes into the a/c and which end goes into the motor end?? It does not seem to specify. Am I correct in guessing that there is a mark on the engine to line up eith it??

Kind regards

K9JST 07-19-2004 07:08 AM

Hi zlinsky,

The line on the motor stick lines up with the fuse halves when viewing from above.

Enjoy your Beaver!

Joe

Fliegenmong 07-20-2004 05:09 PM

OK, so the motor stick is slightly offset when glueing the two fuse halves together, THanks Joe

Rgds

K9JST 07-20-2004 05:33 PM

Thanks correct, it provides some some thrust downward and to the right.

Joe

Fliegenmong 07-20-2004 05:40 PM

How do i determine the downward thrust, or will it take care of itself when installed inside the two fuse halves, that is the moulding of the foam will correctly angle the motor stick down.

Rgds

K9JST 07-20-2004 05:59 PM

Yes, it is taken care of by the mold of the two fuse halves. If you view directly from the front, you should be able to see by eye that the thrust is correct (down/right) when the halves are joined.

Joe

Fliegenmong 07-20-2004 06:02 PM

Thanks very much Joe, most appreciated!
Rgds