RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Listen to music while you fly? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/4856645-listen-music-while-you-fly.html)

somegeek 10-11-2006 09:22 PM

Listen to music while you fly?

Went flying today at my local spot and for a change I turned on some tunes in my truck with the windows down for some music while I flew - Audioslave - out of exile. Was a nice change of pace.

You guys ever listen to tunes when you fly?

somegeek

clovus 10-11-2006 09:53 PM

RE: Listen to music while you fly?

I'm mostly stuck out in a field somewhere, not even close to the car.

Flyer 1 10-12-2006 01:23 AM

I've almost always got my iPod with me when taking aerial videos. That way, when someone else is flying, I can watch the movies I just took and listen to music at the same time.
Flyer

yoster 10-12-2006 01:47 AM

When I'm not testing new motors or equipment.. and am actually out on an official fly-day.. there is usually too much going on for music. We usually have one vehicle set up with laptops in the trunk hooked up to the onboard cameras... two to three land-camcorders set about the field.. the "pit area" in the back of my dad's truck.. this and that. It's usually a group of 3-5 of us.. but sometimes more show up. Our group and some guys who work at hobbytown are going to start a stryker pylon-racing club which will take place at the local college.. Fresno State University (my alma mater). That should be fun!

We only did music once.. it was the first time we ever flew our strykers.. the maiden flight. We of COURSE cued up the Top-Gun theme song lol... it seemed fitting at the time! I would love to listen to music while flying, but the problem is I'm usually with other people who range in age from 18-56... so we would never agree on the song lol.

It's kind of funny... a guy at HobbyTown wants us to paint a HobbyTownUSA theme'd Stryker. Everytime I or one of my buddies goes in there they tell us that people keep comming in looking for "jet looking planes" that they saw flying and say they talked to a Matthew/Dave/Russell. I should be sponsered lol.

iflyatcae 10-12-2006 07:45 PM

I thought about it, but I usually like to be able to hear the motor to know if it goes off or something weird. Even though most of the time the plane is out of hearing distance..

somegeek 10-13-2006 02:44 AM

Yeah - I thought the same... music was not very loud. Just kinda quiet in the background. Unless I am winding the motor up at a distance I can't hear it either way.

EchoBravo 11-10-2009 09:51 PM

A nice old Grateful Dead Show going in the background is Really cool.......
http://www.pacificgrids.com/skull/Gr...ged-Skull2.jpg

Fisher 11-14-2009 03:30 PM

I fly with my iPod on all the time. There is nothing more relaxing than flying to music. I put on a Santana song with lots of electric guitar and carve up the sky. No matter what happened that week I feel great after 20 minutes.

It is probably not the safest thing to do at a busy field but I rarely fly with anyone else.

If you have not done it you should. Just make sure to pick you favorite tunes and run through you pree flight methodically.

Wheelnut 11-30-2009 08:49 PM

I like to listen to the music of my plane:D

3DSAVAGE 12-22-2009 09:45 PM

I only listen to music when I'm on my sim.

LarryV 12-22-2009 10:25 PM

Try lying back in a gravity lounge chair from Costco, flying a Cularus glider listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" or "The Wall" on your MP3 player.