RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   P-51 D RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/5603128-p-51-d-rtf.html)

zoil leader 03-22-2007 09:30 PM

P-51 D RTF

would these be good for park flying?
i baught one and read the instructions but it say 300 ft in all ways.
also any advice?

(it looks really cool and it easy biginner bacuse its and RTF)

Flybyvam 03-23-2007 12:18 AM

RE: P-51 D RTF

Zoil,

My experience is that the P51 needs room to manuver. I'm sure lots of other will jump on the band wagon, but I'll just say it anyway:

The P51 is not a beginner's plane!

Good luck,
Mike

zoil leader 03-23-2007 08:40 AM

i kno but for builder it a biggener because RTF..... lol you dint really build anything. :)

gunracer 03-23-2007 09:37 AM

zoil,

which kit are you referring to?...as for flying her in a parkk, it really depends on your rc flying experience level, size of the park and size of the model...just because a kit is labeled as an rtf does not mean it's intended for beginners...rtf just means there's relatively less building involved...for the p-51, the box should state it's intended for intermediate/advanced rc pilots...

hawk3ye 03-23-2007 11:10 AM

Yeah that P-51 is a low winger for one, which makes it pretty touchy when it comes to manuevering - I would highly recommend that if you want an RTF, that you pick a trainer with a high wing setup (kinda looks like a Cesna) to get used to flying first.

The p-51 may look cool but it doesn't lok so cool when you've crashed it a couple times and it's all rolled up in packaging tape :p NOT THAT I would know from experience or anything *whistles subtlely*

zoil leader 03-23-2007 12:49 PM

lol im not a noob i flew it yesterday and it was great!

somegeek 03-23-2007 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: zoil leader

Your spelling would indicate otherwise. If you want folks to take you seriously, you might do them the courtesy of using proper spelling and complete sentences.

Also note that 'keeping a plane in the air' is not the same as flying well.

somegeek

Glacier Girl 03-23-2007 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: hawk3ye
The p-51 may look cool but it doesn't lok so cool when you've crashed it a couple times and it's all rolled up in packaging tape :p NOT THAT I would know from experience or anything *whistles subtlely*

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Well I guess he'll find out soon enough what it's like to fly a Stang. From the first post and the 300 feet in all directions, it almost sounds like he got a PZ version. [X(]

maiden-crash 03-23-2007 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: zoil leader
You actually managed to fly a warbird for your first plane? Well if thats true congratulations, you have it in your blood, personally, Ive never heard of anyone successfully flying and landing a warbird as their first plane, let alone the parkzone mustang. What somegeek said about you keeping it up there is not flying it is 100% true, thats why its best to get a trainer. If you start flying rough, you'll fly rough for the rest of your life. Learn to do the basics first and perfect them, then you step up one step.

Good luck
Mc

zoil leader 03-23-2007 09:02 PM

rolf it not my first plane you dumb butts
this is like my 4th lol

maiden-crash 03-23-2007 10:11 PM

Well Im sorry but I guess I'll be the one to tell you. I can't agree with Somegeek more. Its just so polite to call people that try to help you dumb butts. If your going to be doing that then this site isnt for you. Im sorry If I assumed this was your first plane, but the way you write your post I could have equally assumed you were talking about a car. I dont mean to be rude but your posts make no sense at all, Im sure it wouldn't take you such a long time to write up a proper response. And one without an insult. This isnt msn, and even there what you say would make hardly any sense at all. Now I'll say it again, Im not trying to be rude, but calling people names on this site is against the rules, maybe you should take some time to read them.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 03-23-2007 11:01 PM

Zoil, remember my writing about the person that laughed at your trying to figure out the icons? If you continue to act like that person, no one will respond to you. figure it out, or move to a different board. Tim, Just my opinion, but this is the last time I will respond to one of your queries. Tim

zoil leader 03-24-2007 10:24 AM

[&o]............

Flyer 1 03-25-2007 12:42 AM

How 'bout some in-flight pics, zoid?
Were your three previous planes Aero-Aces?
Or maybe the Estes series? Have you been online taking courses on the Este's "Pappy's Flying School" simulator?
Do you have a specific definition of a successful landing? Is wrecking your plane into sub-atomic particles successful as long as the spinner's not broken? Or the motor?
I somehow suspect this is the case.
Flyer

zoil leader 03-25-2007 09:07 AM

**** you *****!