RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Badius Owners Club III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/6371525-badius-owners-club-iii.html)

Glacier Girl 09-25-2008 08:05 AM

RE: Badius Owners Club III

WHAT? WHAT HE SAY? :D
And why is it I'm always the last to know.

Ditto, I'm still a member here, if someone needs a hand. PM me or email me.
Otherwise most have my cell or you know where to find me.

CaptainRandy 09-25-2008 08:09 AM

Rob,

That's funny, I was just looking at that plane

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/waco.htm

It really had me interested, but I don't need the TX, and RX, and charger, and lipos. Wish they sold it without all that stuff.

I watched the video also, and it looks great. When they have the 20% off sale, I may be tempted, as I would like a Bipe of some type. Let me know what you think when you get it.

I also Love the Hobby Lobby Mini Gee Bee Sportster.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/minigeebee.htm

I think it was around $129, but with the 20% off sale that they have would bring it in around 100 bucks. It doesn't come with all the TX and stuff, but looks real cool flying. I also loved the music they put with their video:D

My User name and Password that I have for the BB site doesn't work[:o]

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 09-25-2008 08:26 AM

Good Morning, Mike.

Randy, ray will have your old info. for the new software just sign up.

Tim

TerryE 09-25-2008 08:26 AM

Pappy;

You have to re-register for the new forum. You can use the same name / password.

TE

CaptainRandy 09-25-2008 08:33 AM

Thanks

Loubud 09-25-2008 10:07 AM

Happy Birthday Brad.

Hi Mike

Glacier Girl 09-25-2008 10:54 AM

Hi snowfly. Newbie I see, welcome to the forum. Feel free to join in or ask questions, we're all here to help.

Thanks guys for the Bday wishes, now where are my presents?

Loubud 09-25-2008 11:51 AM

GG,
I think your gift is at Tower somewhere. Just tell them it's your Birthday with emphasis on the big 5 0. I'm sure they have something for you.

calvino 09-25-2008 11:55 AM

Save $5 on any Tower Hobbies order of $50 or more placed on or before 09/30/08! 5953D there, they will subtract 5 years from your age :D;)

Loubud 09-25-2008 11:59 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where's the karma button?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

calvino 09-25-2008 12:01 PM

haha, praise or smite :), ugh, gota epox the winglets onto my plane, im scared [:-]

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 09-25-2008 10:21 PM

I wonder why this thread is tanking?

calvino 09-25-2008 10:22 PM

i don't know, should work on the F-22 some more, anyone got an idea for a paint scheme? (simple = better)

Loubud 09-25-2008 10:53 PM

What this? The thread is going away?
Now why would that happen? How can this be?
Did someone crash and burn our party we have here?
I gots ta know.

calvino 09-26-2008 12:38 AM

well, F-22 is almost ready to fly (YAAAA) all i have to do is change bergs (one got the recivever wire cut..... [:o]) so other than that, its good to go, man, im kinda scared to fly it, the motor has so much thrust.... [>:]

Loubud 09-26-2008 12:42 AM

Ascaired is the best part of a maiden. Well...maybe the second best part. First best part is a successful maiden.
Good Luck Champ.

djnsayne 09-26-2008 01:46 AM

Just go ahead and get the crash out of your system......the first crash of a plane is always the tamest

nyflyer56 09-26-2008 09:58 AM

Unless it is the first and last. I have seen the "pile of toothpics" crash before.
Oh wait that's foam.... Go for it kid!

CaptainRandy 09-26-2008 10:19 AM

Hi Lou:D

Have you flown that SS yet? Whatca waitin for?

Phil, I liked the one with the whale about to crash on the boat. Wonder what really happened there[X(]

Loubud 09-26-2008 10:58 AM

Pappy,
Can't toss up anything. Wind, wind and more wind.
OOPS. No wind right now but doesn't matter. Couldn't sleep last night. I think I may have gotten an hour or so.
That and no reflexes in my hands yet. They're coming back little by little. As long as I can hold that coffee cup I'm good for now.

Oh,
Saturday might yet be the MAIDEN for the Widow. I doubt it but I'm hopeful. Elaine and I will buy our AMA cards since the maiden will be at the Corsair Club near Hobby People.
Elaine can't wait to fly that bird.

And did you see my post about the guy building it being more anal than you? Perfect. It will be built like you built your F-14. Your plane would make anyone a proud owner. Me thinketh the Widow will be the same.

CaptainRandy 09-26-2008 01:37 PM

Lou,

Sorry to hear about the fingers not working. I so want to hear that you flew something, and a funny story to go with it.

Good Luck with the maiden of the Widow. I hope it goes great.

Your praise about my F-14 Tomcat really make s me feel good. I thought I did a pretty good job on it, but hearing that from you makes me think I did. I think it flys pretty well also, except for that last flight at GG's. That was just my dumb flying with not enough air beneath the plane.

Yes, I did see the post about the guy being more Anal than me, Ha Ha Ha

When the wind dies off, let Elaine fly the SS over the farm. It's funny how much fun that plane can be when you have it powered up properly. Mine is not as overpowered as Sray, but with the 2408-21T and a 8 X 3.8 prop it flys great and for a long time on a 1300 bat

We have been getting a sub tropical system blowing through the mountains, so there has been no flying here either.

I have been finishing up the kitchen cabinets while it's been raining. I hope to get up to the Hillbilly field on Sunday afternoon if the wind is low. I want to meet some guys that fly there. I just found out that they fly on Sunday afternoons, and that is the day Shar & I go to the motorcycle resort to drink and listen to R & R.

I was rolling on the floor with Scott's post about the difference of Elaine's and your posts. That was too funny:D

Sure hope you are feeling better soon,

Pappy

Loubud 09-26-2008 02:13 PM

Pappy,
Like Mac had said, that was one real funny page. And Scott really had me going on that one also.
Well, it was funny to me as I only write 2 ways. Funny flight stories or my normal tone. Oh, lets not forget the bad cop. I keep him undercover.

The ever Gracious Elaine and I did a total hits count last night on our 4 threads. This includes the Does anyone fly also.

The grand total of hits....

992,026 hits as of last night. More now. Just under 1 million hits as I had guessed.

I'd like to know what kind of revenue draw those kind of numbers bring in to RCU. And that doesn't even count the cashola from the advertisers that get hits from us that are on our page.

Elaine and I did notice a hole now and then re: advertisers here. Instead of the usual 2 at the top or the middle, we noticed only one now and then when we hit "refresh". Advertisers do spot check where there ad money goes and it occurred to Elaine and I that one or two may have taken a look at our thread while RCU had their shotguns out.

With some posts being put up, our Rank number is climbing again. We had an average of around 25,000 in the Rank column not counting Badius 3. The number would be far higher if I had the Rank number before RCU went nuts.

So it goes around here.

Loubud 09-26-2008 02:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just hit the refresh key and while I don't see the 3 plus Mods anymore I do see Hobby*King.com with an ad. I wonder if they are aware that any type of link to them is corrupted by RCU so it won't work even tho they pay RCU to have it here?

CaptainRandy 09-26-2008 02:39 PM

Hobby King has had banner ads up for a long time, even though RCU would not let us post links

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_index.asp

The above link is cut and pasted from the site that the banner ad brings you too.

I wonder if Hobby City is aware of this?

Also, That Tiny URL thing never worked for me, so I would imagine it also did not work for others.

TerryE 09-26-2008 02:43 PM

Rain today
No flying

I did buy a ESC for the TREX. Went with Aligh again. Will send this one back to them - guy at the LHS said it was a bad ESC - not my flying :D