RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/7904165-australian-barbeque-beers-part-v.html)

maiden-crash 08-31-2008 03:25 AM

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

G’day boys, old thread is used up and won’t allow me to post anymore.

Here is a link to the previous thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7172090/tm.htm

Lets make this thread as successful as all the previous ones. No better corner for us to all get together, share our day’s stories and have a joke along the way. Welcome to all the new- original and in there somewhere members.

Grab a beer, and make sure there’s enough non alcoholic, let’s get this started then?

Cheers
MC

maiden-crash 08-31-2008 03:31 AM

RE: Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

I apologise I could not send a link in the other thread- I attempted to post 6 times with only failure. Here is my flight report for flight number three:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=902885&page=3

Thanks to everyone for their support. John- great job mate. I expected nothing else. Bleary- thats the coolest looking depron bird ive ever seen:D

inflex 08-31-2008 05:00 AM

Yep, failing all over the place for me too.

The_Mongrel,

I know what you mean about the balsa vs foam difference. Of course, it's hard to explain it. Personally I just find that the planes -usually- hold themselves better in the air (less flex?).

Paul.

ozrcboy 08-31-2008 06:07 AM

OK guys - I've posted the shutdown message in Part IV.

We have quite a few new members this time - wondering if we should do the intros again - or is that just silly?

ozrcboy 08-31-2008 06:08 AM

I find balsa feels crisper and more responsive in the air - absolutely...

VeeAte 08-31-2008 06:12 AM

Go Aussie Barbecue and Beers !!!

Now bring on the skimpy's and let's get down to business :D

[Quote: I find balsa feels crisper and more responsive in the air - absolutely... ]

I love the sound of them lawn darting too. WHOP!!!!!

Harder to clean up tho?. One of the guys at our field stuffs a plastic bag into the wings of his planes if he can, so if he has to dispose of it after its been "re-kitted" he doesnt have to cart it to the bin in handfuls. hehe

Woodsy 08-31-2008 06:28 AM

Woo Hoo welcome to part V.

now did any body read mu turnigy probs from part 4?
Oz boy did you get PM about stuff for sale?

Now for the mini P40 build :)

dabvid 08-31-2008 06:35 AM

ey guys,
let's hope this thread is as strong as the last. Had a flight down at gmac today 3 bates through the sniper and same with the twister. I'm really starting to improve on my hovering can hover solid for 20 odd second but keep it in a hover position for almost two minutes! Also the twister is getting better with each flight I now get 2 solid 5 minute flights. Also all of my twister landings were p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Clovis summed EDF up perfectly ... Short but sweeeeeeeeeet :D
regards,
dave

The_Mongrel 08-31-2008 06:49 AM

Hey all... whatever happens... I am getting in early to start the next thread - OK... Its mine you ******S!!!:D:D:D

VeeAte - A lot of guys here use the UH batteries. In fact there is only one brand name battery in my collection of 12 or so and it is the one that failed!! I suppose it depends what you are doing with them. If your battery is rated to 30A constant and the most you hit it with is 20A, then I suppose the cheaper batteries will do a great job. I know the guys who fly the EDFs where the battery gets smashed don't like the cheap batteries. I don't really have a bird that rips at a battery that hard to know if the cheaper ones will keep up.

What I can say is that I have 4 times more batteries in my box than if I did if I bought $100 batteries. If one or two of them start to die... I am still way in front.

that's my 2 bobs!!

Cheers
-J

tam popo 08-31-2008 06:51 AM

Thanks MC, Clovus for starting part 5, nice one!!!

V8 - I think half the Planet have a little Scot inside them - as long as its not one of the Krankies its OK!!!:D

No flying in New Orleans today.....hope they are all safe[:o]

Byeee......Crawf's where are you????

Budmulla 08-31-2008 06:54 AM

Congrats everyone on the maidens ... and nice vid mong`

Thanks to those who commented about the easy fly wing set up ...ill take some pics soon and get back to it once i post the pics.

Oz i wouldn't mind 2rx's and the crystal 2xMKS ones if you haven't got rid of them yet.

Had a weekend with no flying! Hopefully the TB-20 i ordered arrives tomorrow ... im really hanging out for it!
Bout to order some bits online ... hopefully in the next 2 weeks ill have three planes in going order.

clovus 08-31-2008 04:20 PM

Hiya everyone,

Thought I'd better show up. Hopefully we3 have solved the posting problems, although the baddass thread is over 600 pages. I'm starting to wonder if it's just us. WIndy again this morning so looks like I'm grounded.

MC,

Your flight report was cool, but I'd still like video.

clovus

machette 08-31-2008 04:43 PM

Not a drop in me Tam :D ....we're refugees of the potato blight.
Mong and MC have both certainly kicked some goals lately. Have to be impressed with both efforts (although Amer could tidy up the ending a bit better....vid would have been good:eek: ) great to see them build these things and fly them....be it at a distance.
A milestones for both of you guys...and well taken I have to say [8D]
Great vid John. Back roads are perfect if you can find a clean one. Dirt road opposite me has a nice smooth bitumen floodway .....but lined both sides with a barb fence [:o] .......every road around here seems to have a cross wind for some reason :D

Welcome VeeAte, I'm not that familiar with these smellies but if you think it helpful pm me with a Wanted Poster of that exhaust you're after..... I can print and stick it on the RC airfield noticeboard I drive past three times a week. http://www.brcac.asn.au/ these guys are really active and lots would look at your poster. I can do that for you if it's any help .....simple really ;)

No flying ......as it pissed and blew all w/end here.....and that was only the rellies :)

machette 08-31-2008 04:46 PM

I reckon it was that ipod of dabvids :eek: .......overloaded the censor maybe.
:D

I also have this theory that the moderators a Ford man [>:]

machette 08-31-2008 04:57 PM

Just tripped over this Rowdy [link=http://www.brcac.asn.au/cgi-bin/pro/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_image;p=AT-6%20Texan%20Racing/2006-08-20%20Bendigo%20AT-6%20Racing;i=1]AT-6[/link]
Don't know if you've collected this scheme yet as I've only seen a few myself.

VeeAte 08-31-2008 05:09 PM

Thanks for the offer Machette, but I just noticed car rego is due so will be skint for a week or so.
I will PM you in a week or so and see if your still keen.

Thanks heaps!

Woodsy 08-31-2008 06:01 PM

Is anyone going to the electric flight rally at Swanhill next month?? 4th and 5th october at Swanhill MAC

tam popo 08-31-2008 06:53 PM

Woodsy - not me, too far!!!

Hows this for a beauty, look at the weight[>:] But to be honest, I've never seen or heard of this bird ever......sure is pretty:)
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/tigercat.htm

Wifey is watching an Aussie film called 'Chopper', about some Aussie gangster.....acting is a bit like Cell Block H but without the moving scenery and with real guys, not women that look like guys:D

The_Mongrel 08-31-2008 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Wifey is watching an Aussie film called 'Chopper', about some Aussie gangster.....acting is a bit like Cell Block H but without the moving scenery and with real guys, not women that look like guys:D

AHAHAH You will love Chopper!! Top flick!

VeeAte 08-31-2008 08:07 PM

Chopper is a wicked film.

Chopper is a bit too hyped up as a character over here in aus but that movie was ok.

That F7F Tigercat looks awesome. Thems some wicked looking retracts!!

Andrew86 08-31-2008 08:18 PM

Knowing nothing about html or web design I have nothing to back this up, but I'm sure the posting issues felt by all were RCU wide and nothing to do with our thread. I couldn't even get to the main RCU page periodically over the weekend. But anyway, up up and away for part 5!

No flying for me this weekend, i've got 4 planes either waiting to be built or waiting for repairs and i'm in a motivational rutt. I get home from work and I'm always either too busy or I can't be arsed! I never thought i'd hear myself say that[:o]. I hope it's only a phase, I'm in desperate need of stick time and less building time. I'm even considering a PnP Parkzone Trojan just to go and have a put around without having to go through cowl aligning and wheel pant drilling and motor mounting etc etc that's driving me insane at the moment.

Maybe i'll get the easystar back in action, that'll cheer me up:D

maiden-crash 08-31-2008 10:53 PM

Allright! If you want the maiden video that bad I'll post it, but there is nothing exciting there. Ill post a good video once I get it too. Oz- thanks for posting a close down message- I couldn't even post on that thread anymore. Bi Plane, I mean Mike- hols coming up- any plans for a visit?

geoffviper 08-31-2008 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought l'd try and post that pic again for Machette

if it doesnt work l'll pm you mike and send it to you

geoffviper 08-31-2008 11:17 PM

Machette

l put it in flick so here's a link to it hope this @#$%^!#$@* works

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30101516@N04/

VeeAte 08-31-2008 11:23 PM

Nice ride Geoff!!!!
Whats she got under the hood?

My Classic Trainer rocked up today. Psyched!
Not as psyched as I will be when the Seafury gets here but hey. It's nice to finally have a brand new plane.

Of course I have never put an ARF together (nor used epoxy before) so this time tomorrow she might look very second hand.
So might the kitchen table. So I better take my time. haha.

Keep an eye out for pics of it tomorrow. Mine will be the one with the vertical stabilizer upside down and arse about. ;)

Sorry about *****ing for a new thread too. I just thought it was worth a try. [:o]