RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   What do you like most about flying? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/8954291-what-do-you-like-most-about-flying.html)

cpole17 07-22-2009 08:28 AM

What do you like most about flying?

Just thought it would be fun to put a post up here asking what you like most about flying your electric or nitro aircraft?

It has maybe been done before...I am fairly new to this site and was looking for thoughts.

Myself: I fly the parkzone Piper Cub BL and the Parkzone Spitfire with an Eflight upgrade.

I enjoy the quite serenity of a early morning and the sounds of my prop chopping through the air.
I enjoy the realistic look on the planes on the air and even on the ground
I enjoy attempting to fly it as realistic looking as possible
I enjoy flying with others and seeing multiple planes in the air...
I enjoy the comradery that it brings

Wheelnut 07-22-2009 09:04 AM

RE: What do you like most about flying?

1 Attachment(s)
I agree with all that.

When I fly an RC Plane, I get a sensation of freedom. I get a very similar feeling as when I ride a motorcycle. It is like being part of the machine. Even though I am not in the airplane, it is like I can feels it's movements through the control sticks. After flying for a while, it is like my feelings transgress time and distance and I feel like I am in the plane and I can feel the G force as I go into a dive or loop. Flying takes me away to another place that can barely be described. Just like riding a motorcycle does.
This is by far the best hobby I have ever been in.

For the record, I also like flying small electric helis, on road and off road electric and nitro cars and trucks.
But for some reason, MICRO has always been my favorite.
I was one of the first few to own the 1/28 scale Kyosho Min-z Mad Force, I was also one of the first few to own the Kyosho Mini-z Formula boat. Both had to be ordered from Hong Kong when I got them. I was also one of the first to own a 1/16 Nitro Buggy. It was the Acme NB16 and it had to be ordered from China.
So when the PZ B-N-F came out, I had to have them too.
I really want one of the Plantraco Classroom fighters, but haven't budgeted for it yet.

So, lets hear from the rest of you.
Here are some pics of my micros.
I hope I didn't get off the subject too much;) lol
I have had tons more micro cars and trucks, but I think this pic of the two kyosho's is classic.

-pkh- 07-22-2009 08:21 PM

So how do you like that new micro BNF Sukhoi? How well does it fly?

tiggerracing 07-22-2009 08:25 PM

The fact that you can take risks and experience thrills that many people dont get to feel puts me into a mood where its like FLYING nervana. Even though im fairly good at flying i always get that buz of (O jees o jees make it make it!!!) and when you come out of that neer miss its like flying for the first time all over again.

FirebirdCdr2 07-23-2009 04:51 PM

Wheelnut,

Nice fleet of planes there.

I love flying my super cub. It helps me free my mind of stressfull days from work and people who have gotten on my last nerve. It really helps. I really love flying.

Firebird

3DSAVAGE 07-29-2009 03:48 PM

having my planes actually work for once...

Wheelnut 07-29-2009 04:41 PM

3Dsavage,
I love your signature, that is hilarious!
"down is up, and up is expensive" haaahahahaha, that is too much and it's funny because it's TRUE!. Thanks for the good laugh.

3DSAVAGE 07-29-2009 07:03 PM

your welcome dude, I love makin' people laugh!

mad web tv scientist 08-01-2009 08:08 PM

:) cpole, you and the other posters have done a nice job bringing out the pleasures of flying. Thanks for sharing.

I am on a natural high today after a very successful flying session with my new PZ GUNFIGHTER. The ship is now fine tuned for my flying style and I have finally been able to settle my nerves down to the point where flying it is finally "relaxing fun."

The pleasure that made this day so special was the reaction of some young soccer players to my first flight that had them enthusiastically coming over to ask questions. The second flight had the kids located in a safe close area so that I knew right where they were and I was able to talk to them during the flight.

The stock prop helps provide an attention getting whistling/buzzing sound effect when diving dead stick that helps attract attention. This diving maneuver from about 600 feet just after take off, followed by a 2/3rds throttle climbing victory roll starts off with what is now becoming my standard demo practice opening air show maneuver.

I also enjoy teaching people to fly using one of my motor powered gliders when time permits. Having become spoiled with "fighter plane power" I must now upgrade a few of my gliders with brushless motors. My newest modified machines have been upgraded to "worry free Spektrum radios" and hi/low control rates for easily changing from beginner to advanced flyer capabilities.

I got assurances from the kids that they would read books and watch TV programs about airplanes. The final crowning glory was in providing the kids with my phone number and web site info written on a tract with important information as per my e-mail signature info in case they had any questions.

As much fun as flying can be, it is the relationship with people that planes can help build that is the real reward of flying for me.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.