RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Another Multiplex Fox Conversion - Comments? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/9345373-another-multiplex-fox-conversion-comments.html)

Virgin_Blue 12-20-2009 07:55 AM

Another Multiplex Fox Conversion - Comments?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I've been pulled into the world of converting Multiple Fox's into RC parkflyers..

So far I have modified the wing (aileron) and elevator with a different servo position that I have seen previous. I have not yet installed a ESC / Motor, but planning to use a hexTronik 16gram Brushless Outrunner 1700kv with a 2S 450mA Lipo..

I am going to install a carbon rod into the wing to strengthen it.. I managed to crack the wing when I was testing / throwing the fox to check the control surfaces...

Any comments / questions regarding the servo placement?? I am planning to use the battery / motor / ESC to adjust the C of G...

Thanks
Adrian

Wheelnut 12-20-2009 11:59 AM

RE: Another Multiplex Fox Conversion - Comments?

Sweet dude! Can't wait to see some more pics of your progress. We all hope to see a successful video soon.

Virgin_Blue 12-21-2009 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
*UPDATE*

I received my bits'n'pieces from HobbyKing today...

I've started to cut out the nose for the ESC, receiver & battery... However, at the time, the battery that was instock was the Rhino 450mA (2S)...

I'm not sure if there is enough room for that size battery (plus the ESC etc), refer to attached pictures...

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I get a smaller battery or can anyone suggest an alternative place to mount the battery?

Thanks
Adrian

Wheelnut 12-21-2009 09:32 AM

Maybe you could hollow out a hole under the wing behind the battery.
Looks good so far.

Virgin_Blue 12-26-2009 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well.. I'm managed to fit the battery & fitted the ESC...

This morning I madiened my Fox... It flew!!! However, I needed more elevator control.. (The elevator was about 1.5cm wide..)

Result: Broken motor mount.. bring on the epoxy!!!

Wheelnut 12-26-2009 05:23 PM

Test number one down.
Maybe you should try moving some of the electronics back. Poke some access holes through the fuse into the cock pit. then run the wires out of the cock pit to the components.

Good idea for the battery

Virgin_Blue 12-26-2009 05:33 PM

Is that what you were suggesting for the placement for the battery? You mentioned placing it behind the wing...
I'm happy with the servo leads for now.. I'm might look at embedding them on the 2nd fuse once I've experimented with this fuse..

Do you have a modified fox? and pictures?
Adrian

Wheelnut 12-26-2009 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I do not have one yet. Yes that is what I was thinking about for the battery. How is the COG. I would try to keep as close to the stock COG as possible. A litte nose heavy is better than a little tail heavy.
To bury the wires, just take a knive and cut a shallow trail where you want it to run and push it in.
You can kind of get an idea in this pic when I was first working with the idea. I have it set up a little better now.