Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

new tx

Old 11-14-2005, 07:51 PM
kamakasi
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tx

my hitec tx took a major dump and I find I need a new tx. I have futaba fp-t7ugfs that is almost adequate for my needs. I am considering either a futaba 9c (something or other) or the tracker III.
My question is how good is the tracker manual. I need to do some complex mixing and I really don't want major head aches over it. An example of the mixing would be: in normal flight mode having aileron differential ( no biggie) but upon activating crow mixing to change the aileron differential so that only the opposite aileron droops but the turn direction aileron remains at its preset crow setting. Got it? so if the crow is set up for 15 deg. up aileron and I input left stick the left aileron stays put but the right aileron droops. I would also like to set up several flight modes i.e. launch, thermal and speed is this all possible with the tracker III?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Montague

Default RE: new tx

The T3 manual is getting better, but isn't that great right now.

The T3 doesn't have "flight modes". You can set a bunch of mixes to turn on or off on a single switch which is almost the same thing and might work in simple cases, but isn't really a replacement for flight modes.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can change aileron differential on a switch on the T3.

So, I don't think the T3 can do what you need your TX to do.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:23 PM
kamakasi
My Feedback: (3)

I think I am still going to get one and use it on simpler configurations. Right now I'm trying to convince the misses that the I really need the Profi 4000. This may take some work.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Kansascloud

I'm sending my Tracker III back in tomorrow for the second time. It failed on me on the second flight and sent my Swithchback to splinters when a pot failed. 2 and a half weeks later the radio comes back and I nearly destroyed my E-starer in the same manor after a simular failure. I am not sure I will ever fully trust this radio. Read every post about the Tracker here and on other boards before you order.

I really wanted this radio to work. It sounded so good but has really been disapointing and downrigh dangerous. It is a cheap radio. Guess you get what you pay for. I've never ever had a problem wiht my old Fataba or JR equipment.

Mike