Notices
Polks Hobby Tracker Radio Support, hosted by Lewis Polk

Has anyone talked to Polk's lately?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:00 PM
paulbald2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone talked to Polk's lately?

I was wondering whats going on with this company?Does anyone keep in touch with them?Are they going to have 2.4 radio's or not?Just wondering.Thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Has anyone talked to Polk's lately?

Last I heard they had a 2.4 for surface use and were doing some kind of beta testing on an air tx. I know they're practically giving away the TIII and receivers.
Walt
Old 03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
propjobbill

I last talked to them a few month ago. They told me they still sell the tracker III but are just not advertising it. They also told me they were working on a 2.4 tracker for airplanes. They didn't say when it would be available.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
paulbald2

I know that the TIII are cheap,$99, but the receivers are still full price.I was hoping that they would have came out with 2.4 by now but it looks like they will never come out with one.When I can afford a new radio I'll probably go with Airtronics.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 AM
propjobbill

Their receivers may still be full price but consider these. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...iver_6Ch_72Mhz These have a range of more than 1 mile. They can be used on any channel. I have been using them trouble free. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...iver_8Ch_72Mhz http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...72Mhz_%28v2%29
Old 03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
paulbald2

I was looking at those receivers and was thinking of getting a few ,but if something goes wrong with them, it would probably be a pain to ship them back .
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 AM
propjobbill

You have a very good point. I have ordered many,many things from them. I have had a few things go bad, and the truth is I would rather just take the lose than to correspond and ship back and forth. They do have a warehouse in the USA, maybe that would help. However I have also bought from balsa Products. I think they are from NJ they are very good to deal with and fast to ship. If you go to this link http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=C0365465 you will find they have these receivers for almost the same price and only a few days to wait.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
paulbald2

Projobbill ,Thanks for the link,I will check them out.