RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marketplace (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=560)
-   -   Lanier F-86 Sabre Prop Jet - RTF Excellent Condition (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11702211)

Airplanes400 09-22-2022 07:34 AM

Lanier F-86 Sabre Prop Jet - RTF Excellent Condition

I built this Lanier F-86 Sabre from the kit in 2010 and flown it several times. It's been a hangar queen for the last two years and I don't have any time to fly this year. So I'm reducing my fleet and decided to let this one go to someone who will appreciate and fly it more often than I did. No hangar rash, no damage, no scratches, no problems. All my planes and jets are kept inside my home, in an extra bedroom.

These prop-jets were designed and produced with high quality materials, a fiberglass fuselage and engine cover. The only downfall was that these kits were produced with fixed landing gear. I don't like fixed gear. So I modified the jet to accommodate retractable landing gear. I re-worked the wings with maple rails and carbon fiber for the landing gear and installed Dave Brown mechanical gear. I designed them to function with sequencing inner gear doors that open and close with each extension and retraction of the gear. I even incorporated the knee-style nose gear door that also works off the sequencer.

Before this, I have also re-worked the Lanier F4 Phantom with retracts, as well as two scratch built twin Comanche planes with retracts and inner gear doors, and a Juno F-20 and a Great Planes F-18 prop-jet from fixed gear to retracts with inner gear doors. So I know what I'm doing, and do it well. The photos can depict the quality and neatness of my work.

Everything works as it should, and perfectly. The tolerances are tight and the gear doors close flush with the wings and fuselage. All my work is top-notch. People that know me know that I'm very meticulous, thorough, and build extremely nice planes and jets that never have issues. Nothing about this build was ever sacrificed, nor done quickly or cheaply.
*** INSTRUCTION MANUAL IS INCLUDED ***

I also removed the original film on the wings and stabs.and replaced it with Monokote. Panel lines are done with a sharpie marker.

In all, I added only 5 oz. to the weight of this plane with the retractable landing gear and extra servos.

There are a total of ten servos (Futaba, JR and HiTec) and a Jomar sequencer included with this prop-jet, as well as an OS 61 FX engine and an in-cowl muffler.

Servos;
2 - Futaba S3151 digitals
3 - FPS148
2 - Futaba FPS 136G Retract servos
2 - Hi-Tec HS81 (micro servos)
1 - JR SM22 (sub micro)
(micro servos are used to operate the gear doors)

This F-86 flys like a jet and still lands as easily as a sport plane.

All photos were taken in July 2022, and the plane hasn't been flown since.

Price is firm at $350.00 It's a beautiful prop-jet and is well worth more than what I'm asking. You won't be disappointed with this prop-jet.
Sold without the Rx.

No low-ball offers and no trades other than cash.

Local pickup in Delray Beach is the only option.

Shipping is not practical. A large wardrobe box and packing peanuts/material would cost over $100, and then there would shipping that would be at least $100 just within the state of Florida. I doubt if anyone wants to pay $200+ to $300+ in shipping,

Happy flying