Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Product Announcements & Manufacturer News
Reload this Page >

The Roflocator - Track Your Quadcopter via GPS

Community
Search
Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

The Roflocator - Track Your Quadcopter via GPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:16 PM
roflocator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Roflocator - Track Your Quadcopter via GPS

Context

I am surveying to see if this product would be of use to the community. If so, please leave your feedback as a reply to this thread.

Background

Have you ever lost your quadcopter? Do you lack the means of tracking your quadcopter? The Roflocator is the solution to your problems. This device tracks your quadcopter and constantly notifies you of its current coordinates. It’s simple to install, cost effective, and easy to use.

How does it work?

The Roflocator has two transceivers that can transmit and receive data over a large range. One of the transceivers sits on the quadcopter while the other is kept on your person. Once a GPS connection is locked with enough satellites (typically under 10 seconds in optimal conditions), the transceiver will begin to beacon the coordinates specifically to your transceiver. The coordinates will then be displayed on the LCD screen and you will be able to keep track of your quadcopter’s exact location at all times.

What is included?

1 x quadcopter GPS transceiver
1 x receiver

Who is this solution tailored toward?

People who wish to track their quadcopter without the hassle of paying for a monthly SIM card along with the cost of a device to transmit the coordinates, or for individuals who wish to fly their quadcopter in a remote area where cell phone coverage covered is scarce.

What will the final product look like?

The final product will have an ABS plastic enclosure for the receiver with a 9v battery enclosure. The PCBs will be professionally manufactured and lead free (ENIG finish).

Customizable Orders

Below is a list that articulates what packages you will be able to purchase. The GPS enclosure will be the only feature that will alter the price.

Battery connector: 9v Battery or 3.7v Lithium Ion Polymer
GPS Enclosure: Yes or No
Firmware: Longitude/Latitude Only (longer battery life) or Altitude, Speed, and Longitude/Latitude (shorter battery life)

Prototype Pictures

Quadcopter GPS Transmitter

Receiver

The GPS coordinates are partially blurred in this photo.

Installing in WLToys V262 quadcopter

Technical Specifications

Quadcopter GPS Transmitter

Radio Frequency: 433MHz
Range (line-of-sight, optimal conditions apply) : ~1KM
Range with Interference: ~200M
Battery: Default is a 9V battery -- customizable to accept 3.7V Lithium Ion Polymer rechargeable battery

Receiver

Radio Frequency: 433MHz
Range (line-of-sight, optimal conditions apply) : ~1KM
Range with Interference: ~200M
Battery: Default is a 9V battery -- modifiable to accept 3.7V Lithium Ion Polymer rechargeable battery
LCD Resolution with backlight: 48px x 84px
Enclosure: ABS Plastic

When and where can I buy this?

The point of this thread is to survey interest. If you would like to own this device, please respond to this thread, or email me at [email protected]. I will take pre-orders and begin ordering parts if there is enough interest. I will be able to give a better ETA of shipments after I better understand the demand.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:05 PM
roflocator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will now be able to pre-order your Roflocator by navigating to the following link: http://leetupload.com/blagosphere/in...ng-pre-orders/

Please allow 3~4 weeks lead time for production. The starting price will be $75.

Thanks!

Last edited by roflocator; 09-20-2014 at 04:55 PM.