Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

rc over cellular

Old 02-05-2020, 10:25 AM
cellurl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc over cellular

I want to run a car from far far away. Eg, cellular.

Can anyone point me to any projects like that? I am an android and arduino developer, so I dont want to reinvent the wheel if no need!

Thanks for any replies!
Jim Pruett
Memphis
Old 02-05-2020, 03:21 PM
rgburrill

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ask the FCC. I'm sure they'd give you lots of help
Old 02-05-2020, 04:59 PM
cellurl

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
Ask the FCC. I'm sure they'd give you lots of help
rc car. Has anyone controlled an RC car very remotely (over cellular).

Old 02-06-2020, 04:42 AM
rgburrill

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I said FCC not FAA. There are rules about what you can and cannot do in frequency bands. Cellular communication and RC hobby bands are separate for a reason. The FCC controls that. What is the matter with you people? Just because some companies in China violate our FCC requirements doesn't mean it's a good idea. You can also buy an illegal Chinese made GPS jammer off the internet so your delivery van won't get tracked but you'll get a pretty big fine when you eventually get caught. Just ask the guys in Jersey.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:02 AM
init4fun

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cellurl View Post
rc car. Has anyone controlled an RC car very remotely (over cellular).
Here is the problem with what your asking ;

You are a brand new poster here , so no one knows you . Your intent , remotely controlling an RC vehicle from far away , has no normal practical purpose in our hobby use of this equipment . You may well be looking to use this for some innocent (as yet unexplained) purpose , OR , for all we know , you could be some budget basement terrorist looking to remotely drive , and detonate , a RC car bomb , in an assassination attempt .

I highly doubt , with the above taken into consideration , that anyone here is gonna help you . Just the simple fact of you not having the forum savvy to put your question in the right place here says your NOT someone that this forum should consider helping ( there IS a subforum here for questions of RC operations , and "Product Announcements & Manufacturer News" is NOT that subforum !) .

Old 02-06-2020, 07:36 AM
cellurl

Default I guess thats a no.

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Here is the problem with what your asking ;

You are a brand new poster here , so no one knows you . Your intent , remotely controlling an RC vehicle from far away , has no normal practical purpose in our hobby use of this equipment . You may well be looking to use this for some innocent (as yet unexplained) purpose , OR , for all we know , you could be some budget basement terrorist looking to remotely drive , and detonate , a RC car bomb , in an assassination attempt .

I highly doubt , with the above taken into consideration , that anyone here is gonna help you . Just the simple fact of you not having the forum savvy to put your question in the right place here says your NOT someone that this forum should consider helping ( there IS a subforum here for questions of RC operations , and "Product Announcements & Manufacturer News" is NOT that subforum !) .

Others might not share your view. But I am guessing I am in the wrong forum since this didnt shake out any interest.... I am moving this question/ project to here if anyone wants to help.

github cellurl3 linphone-android

Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 AM
init4fun

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cellurl View Post
Others might not share your view. But I am guessing I am in the wrong forum since this didnt shake out any interest.... I am moving this question/ project to here if anyone wants to help.
I'll bet others here do share my view , considering the fact that no one has stepped up to help you in your unusual , unexplained request .....
Old 03-06-2020, 09:09 PM
J330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by J330; 03-07-2020 at 05:14 PM.