Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

Prop jet project for 2004

Old 11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop jet project for 2004

Looking real good Mike

Dave
Old 11-05-2004, 04:42 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

Those flaps are really big!![X(]

What are you trying to achive here? STOVL?

Looks good!

david
Old 11-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Mike,
I just wish I were as experimented as you are !
Please carry on sharing, your detailed site is excellent for people (like me) willing to get into modling works.
Thank you and keep us posted !
Old 11-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Mike James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Guys!

Flaps do look large in that photo, especially with the ailerons hanging down, too, but...

Actually, the control surfaces are a pretty typical ratio. The flaps are 30% chord, and 60 percent of the semi-span, and the ailerons are 25% chord, and 40 percent of the semi-span. (And on my personal model at least, I'll be experimenting with (15% chord) leading edge flaps, too... Working on the leading edge parts now.)

We'll be doing the fuselage molds within a week or two, after a few last-minute finish details, and final work on the parting board that will be used. In the meantime, I've made a canopy, (weighed only two ounces) and am test-fitting the internal structure into the tail parts, etc.. Shouldn't be too long before we have a fully-assembled kit for flight testing.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sean:

There is a certain amount of advertisement in any post made by a user who is also a manufacturer, but in this thread the development of the airplane and educational content far outweighs the advertising component.

Further, the kit is not going to be in the $200-$300 class where all the competition exists with high pressure advertising. While the price may not be astronomic, it will most likely by sufficiently stratospheric that only the highly dedicated people will consider, and advertising doesn't seem to matter a lot in that range anyway.

This thread stands, at least until release of the kit.

Bill.