Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Product Announcements & Manufacturer News
Reload this Page >

220 mph speed plane kit - anybody interested?

Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

220 mph speed plane kit - anybody interested?

Old 08-06-2004, 10:18 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 220 mph speed plane kit - anybody interested?

Believe me......there's not a lot of money to be made in racing engines If you added up the design effort, machine time, R&D. scrap, trial and error..... it would be hard to really claim a serious profit on these beasts.

Jett sells far more sport engines than racing engines. The racing engines are helpful, because the R&D put into those trickles down into the sport engine designs. The guts of a SJ-50 are little different than the Q-500 or FAI engine.

Edmunds made some excellent engines. I flew a few several years back. Set a personal best time at that time with one.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:29 PM
iskandar taib
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what you mean. It's a niche market, and there's more money to be made selling sport engines (though you must admit, Sport Jett engines aren't your typical run-of-the-mill sport engines!). However, I'm sure there are some types of competition engines that are better as money-makers than others.. I'm sure there are more Pylon Racing engines sold than, say, F2A engines!

I guess it's a really competitive field, though. Whoever produces the winning engines at a particular point in time will be selling a lot more engines than the second-fastest ones..
Old 08-12-2004, 03:21 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gentlemen:

Read the rules please. Any questions or comments about a product announcement should be sent to the manufacturer or distributor by PM or email.

Thank you.

Bill.