Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

New Product - Electric Extra 330L RTF 3D kit

Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 AM
eastcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Product - Electric Extra 330L RTF 3D kit

will heres my story,i got mine there the other day,and mine didn't go so well,ive been flyin a super cub for over a year and loged many hrs on the clearveiw sim with the esky radio,best 50 bucks ive ever spent,so here goes,i open the box to find inside my radio nothin but peises of plastic floating around,it turned out to be the springs for the contol sticks,that was fine e- mailed the seller and she was happy enof to help me bye askin me can i fix it lol,so anyways on to the next delema,i take the wing out ,fine ,i take the fuselage out,broke complaely into from the shipping ,so i sent a new email and she was fine to help me out,so today i epoxy the fuse and fix the springs in the radio,put a battery in; run it for like 4 mins and completly burn up the speed control melting the purple heat sink and elect into the foam to the outside of the fuse, so i had too mail her again ,and demanded a refund or a replacement,wish me luck ,anybody have any idea what would cause such a thing for the speed control to burn out like that?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 AM
BrettBroome

This isn't a robust or well made product. The ESC is not well sited & has virtually no airflow over it at all. If you ran it with the plane stationary at full or near-full throttle, that would almost certainly fry the ESC and possibly the motor as well. See my thread a bit further up the page... I did have some success with the EFlight Park 400 and a 30A ESC, but you still need to watch your throttle management carefully. This set up has plently of grunt, however the rest of the plane kept falling apart around it! I still have mine but I just can't bring myself to fly it now that I have the Mini Funtana X. (Now THAT'S a great plane!!)
Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 AM
kenneth2

I got the extra 330 used and flew but it seemed to be a handful. Can you tell me where the cg is supposed to be. I added a little weight so it is now right at the main spar, thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
BrettBroome

Hi Kenneth,

I had the CG on mine at 65mm behind the LE. At that it's a little nose heavy but it stable. If you want to throw it around a bit more just add a few grams of lead near the tail with some double sided tape to make it a bit more twitchy. As above though, you have to fly this plane VERY gently and at low rpm or it will disintegrate. Kind of defeats the pupose of this type of aircraft, doesn't it!! Good luck!!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:36 AM
eastcoast

will i got the new one in the mail,it was in perfect condition ,put her together,and could not resit too fly it,instead of mounting the ESC outside or in the cowling,i just cut holes in the foam where the motor mount is,just a test ,i think that supplies enof air,she flew perfectly could not get the knife egde thought ,it seamed like she wanted too go down,may have too set the control arm post in the iner most hole?.,im just wondering if i used a smaller prop what would be a sufficient size,anyone else use a smaller prop?

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QsNYk8a-8g[/link]