Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

Simulated Rib Stitching Tape

Old 04-22-2003, 07:02 PM
zoomzoooie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simulated Rib Stitching Tape

*SIMULATED RIB STITCH TAPE*

Simulated Rib Stitching tape is now available in 1/4 scale. Stitch spacing is equal to full scale spacing of 2".
Each package contains four rolls of 2" wide by 36" long double sided Simulated Rib Stitch Tape that will yield 2304" of rib stitch tape cut at 1/8" wide and should be enough to complete most 1/4 scale biplanes up to 100" wingspan.
Other scales and special orders are available on request. 1/5, 1/6 scale and 1/3 scale will soon be available But if you need some now, just place an order.

Application is as easy as cutting to cord length and rib width. Peel back the first backing and apply it to your wing panel.
When you are ready to apply your finishing strip, remove the second backing from the Rib Stitch Tape, which will reveal the Simulated Rib Stitches. The double sided adhesive will help to keep your finishing strip in place. Apply your finishing strips and your project is now ready for your finishing color scheme. If you chose an iron on covering that you will not be painting, that's it! You are done! Stand back and admire that finishing touch of scale detail on your project!

Check out the photos samples using Johnson and Johnson 1/2" medical tape as a finishing strip. It has pinked edges that is close to scale. If you use a filling base coat you can blend the strip in to lessen the detail of the pinked edge if needed. I left it sharp on the samples for photographic purposes. Note that there has been no sanding at this stage.

Email me to find out more about my Simulated Rib Stitching Tape and how to get some:
[email protected]
Be sure to put "Simulated Rib Stitch Tape" in subject line.

ZZ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	72887_21946.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	43968  
Old 04-22-2003, 07:04 PM
zoomzoooie

Default Simulated Rib Stitching Tape

Here's another Pic.

This shot shows the tape with and without the backing.

Name:	72891_21946.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	43969  
Old 11-07-2003, 02:46 AM
zoomzoooie

Default RE: Simulated <span class=

I have been getting several requests for info relating to "pinking tape".
I would just like to clarify that my scale rib stitch tape does NOT include pinking tape.
I have left this up to the builder because of the many sizes and widths used on various aircraft.
You can get it from Stits.com or make your own. I can give you info on how to make your own if you wish.

ZZ
Old 02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Smith Mini

Default RE: Simulated Rib Stitching Tape

Could you tell me what size width you would cut your stitching strips.and what widthof tape for 1/2 scale.? I am looking for a finished Bi-plane finished with your stitching. Picture?
Old 02-13-2006, 01:24 PM
zoomzoooie

Default RE: Simulated Rib Stitching Tape

Smith Mini,
Stitching widths vary on different aircraft. Usually tho, the stitch width is the same width of the rib, since the stitching wraps around one side of the rib to the other.

The Smith Mini plane used conventional built up ribs of 1/4" square spruce with no cap strips.
A 1/2 scale model would have 1/8" wide stitches.

You can check the website for a few photos and more info: http://home.cablerocket.com/~scaleribstitch/index.htm

Email me at: [email protected] for more photos.

ZZ

Name:	Ay74198.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	407438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10570.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	407439