Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

The Micro Heli Clone

Old 05-24-2003, 07:56 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Micro Heli Clone

Been reading some posts of people asking how clones are a like to earlier micro helis.

A brief summary:

All clones are a product of the original Micro Helis like the small quantity produced Robin 280/300 series (www.micro-flight.com/newframe1.htm) pre-Piccolo and more popular mass produced Piccolo.

Clones take up afer a good percentage of similar design Piccolo parts.

However, if you notice carefully, things like the squarish frame design, same level 90 degree L servo mounting, front anti-rotation post, parallel carbon rod for battery supports, straight out boom, these are details borrowed from MIA's Robin design and and even the antirotation "dual wing" arm on the shaft of some of these clones is a spit image of the one used on the House FLY sub-micro helis (www.micro-flight.com) which btw came out around 2001-2002, pre micro heli clone era.

By nature that these clones are mass produced and cheaper, they are attractive, but sometimes cheaper has it drawbacks. For instance, cheaper mass produced products plastic parts break often. Even if they are no so cheap, like the Piccolo problematic tail LG strut support, by design which would break upon a hard landing, so I sell a retrofit for such and almost every Piccolo has this upgrade.

I realized that people would be making clones of micro helis and I was never fond of plastic frames, in the first place, including the very first generation Robin design which also had a light molded frame, very similar to some of the clones, so I developed a line of G10 FG (composites) componets to upgrade "any" micro heli, including my own Robin 280/300, Piccolo, Feda, Hummingbird, Skylark, and any other derrivation that has a motorized tail rotor.

I have also heard of people complaining about their clone heli parts, so I thought I take this opportunity to mention, If you break your plastic frame look into MIA Micro-Flight line of aftermarket G10 parts. G10 Frames, Tail Gear Boxes, Tuff Landing Gear wire Struts, Cool Fins. In addtion, a host of other cool kits and products available through your favorite Helihobby distributor.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:13 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

For those that are new to this hobby, some of the stuff I have been doing before there were micro helis from Ikarus, MS, and newer companies making clone micros.

Original Kit Designs Upgrades, Custom. All related to Micro helis.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:13 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

G10 Parts I make for all micros.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	81120_35620.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	47825  
Old 05-24-2003, 08:23 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Molded Parts. I do my own custom molds and injection molding in an own design customized injectionn molding machine. I had to do this in order to keep costs down and make it a little harder for the next guy to do the same thing I am doing.

The up front costs of injection molding is high when you start using industrial machines and unless your output is huge it doesn't pay to invest on the very expensive mold bases and molds. I think I have found a way to overcome that problem but I do a lot of stuff myself and rarely tell peopl how I do it. I think it is important for my customers to know a littel about my operation so belos is the my injection molded section.

I have invested a great deal of effort in making my company and promoting the Micro heli from a very early beginning when the micro heli was only a dream, so I feel a littel show and tell in forums keeps new commers informed as to the options available now.

Name:	81121_35620.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	47826  
Old 05-24-2003, 08:29 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Fun Canopies, I started selling paper and balsa Rubber Powered kits in the 90's and eventually I made some for RC helis later on.

Name:	81122_35620.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	47827  
Old 05-24-2003, 10:54 PM
flyflie

Default I want some!

Im interested in getting some of your products.. Where do I order? do you have a website, I particularly like the G10 main body frame kit. I think its much more sleek and robust then the cheap plastic one i got with my Hummingbird. Besides I like to to build it enterely using the best parts available..
Im new to the hobby but i'seen your name on the net ... while doing research on micro helis
Thank you ...
Old 05-25-2003, 12:31 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

www.helihobby.com (largest internet micro heli source for all kinds of kits and parts) ask for MIA Kits/Parts.

Check your local hobby shop, depending where you are at chances are they carry some of our stuff, if not have the owner contact me.

We also sell to individual parties if our distributors don't carry it. Call MIA 480-218-6334.

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:29 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Uniqueness, sophistication, durability, detail, component interchangeability and good value are some of the characteristics of MIA products.

Name:	81293_35620.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	47828  
Old 05-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

maybe a bit off topic, but can you just post a link to the small palm size heli?! I only found one pic at the yahoo group.

would be interesting to know which equipment is needed for such a small heli! I guess 2x145mah li-po will make it very light
Old 05-27-2003, 05:53 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=126019 Here is one of various links on the internet where I posted my Palm Size Heli .

I also posted here on this RCuniverse site under electric helis.

Regards,

Mario I. Arguello
www.micro-flight.com
Old 01-07-2004, 10:44 AM
gordongoly

Default RE: The Micro Heli Clone

hi, does the G10 main body frame kit fit on the Skylark/Aero hawk at Helihobby he is only on the Hummingbird upgrade page and not at the skylark upgrade page, but will it fit? it looks really cool!!
thanks