Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Product Announcements & Manufacturer News
Reload this Page >

Mark Engines (Hungarian Moki) Announces New 1.40's

Notices
Product Announcements & Manufacturer News If you are a manufacturer or company with relevant news or have a new product announcement you may post it here.

Mark Engines (Hungarian Moki) Announces New 1.40's

Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 AM
MikeGreenshields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark Engines (Hungarian Moki) Announces New 1.40's

Mark Engines (Known as Moki/Hungary throughout the rest of the world) has delivered brand new 1.40's (23cc). Both are front rotor, classic Mark Engines style. The Glow is light, high powered, and operates on low-cost FAI glow fuel. The New Gas engine uses a Walbro Carb, includes the plug and ignition, and is very well made. Both are stunning.

Hobby People, the importer of Mark Engines, (and the company for which I work, obviously) has them on sale this week as an introductory special. 25% off. And to celebrate, the rest of the line like the Classic 180 and the 2.10 powerhouse are on sale too

www.hobbypeople.net

If you're into 140 to 210 size aircraft, come check it out.

Thanks for reading this...

Mike Greenshields
Product Manager
Hobby People, Global Hobby Distributors
Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Rhus

Default RE: Mark Engines (Hungarian Moki) Announces New 1.40's

Mike- I've been looking at the 1.35 for large pusher jet I'm working on. Is the 1.40 just an updated or upgraded 1.35? What are the differences besides .05 ci? What kind of bearings? What's are the prop ranges?

I've found very little info published concerning these motors. I'm optimistic that they are good motors based "word-of-mouth" discussions on RCU, but I like to be able to read some real specs. These motors are on my short list and I'd like to order one during this HobbyPeople sale if possible.

Thanks,

Aaron
Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
kochj

If you look at HObbypeople's website and check out the replacement parts for the engine, you will see what they have changed...

I know the 1.80 Connecting Rod , Wrist Pin, Wrist Pin Ball, Front Bearing,Cylinder Head, Piston & Sleeve
are all gas engine specific..... Which is more than saito can say about there gas engines!!!

I don't know about the 1.40 because it is new, and they have not listed the 1.40 glow parts yet...only gas...
I can assume that they have done this one the same way, as it is the new engine that they came out with!

I am going to get one...
either the 1.40 or the 1.80 gas... I have had it with glow, and all the problems associated with it..
Unless.... it is a special multi-cyl. glow engine...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:12 PM
kochj

the Mark 1.40 glow takes a Suggested Propeller(s) 16x6 16x8
Not sure exactly what the gas would take, but I think that it would be quite comparable..... The reason? Well, these engines are already set up
to run with little to NO Nitro!.... a much better bennifit for a glow-gas conversion...

Saito, on the other hand is not..... They run best with like 30-100% nitro (jokingly) SO the gas conversion is not as responsive
and comparable...
Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Rhus

We have a moki 135 sitting in the shop for $285.00. It's a bit dusty because it doesn't get much attention. I was thinking of grabbing it and trying it.

I am going to get one...
either the 1.40 or the 1.80 gas... I have had it with glow, and all the problems associated with it..
What problems were you having with yours?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: Rhus
What problems were you having with yours?
I didn't mean that I was having any problems with the MOki engines at all...

I was refering to the use nitro in general.....
Unfortionatly, if you want a smaller sized plane, you have to use a glow engine... There are a few glow conversions with smaller engines that have worked well.
I don't know of any in the .46 size though.... It is usually in the .90 (A supertigre .90 gas conversion. Is done very well, with roller bearings on the crank pin and into the rod, ect)
Otherwise it is the recent saito 1.25 glow to gas conversion (from saito) and that measures in the 1.20 size rang. It weighs in at 32oz.... pretty good. But I will not pay the price they want for that one.!!!

The MOke/Mark 1.40 gas is a far better deal and should work out well,,,, I think that I would use a mix of 25-1 though, as it needs the lube..... Even that is not a blubbery rich
mixture.... very nice price... too..