RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Product Announcements & Manufacturer News (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/product-announcements-manufacturer-news-220/)
-   -   New Funtana S 140 - ARF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/product-announcements-manufacturer-news-220/2193931-new-funtana-s-140-arf.html)

Sean Plummer 09-22-2004 11:13 AM

New Funtana S 140 - ARF

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

We have just received a limited production of the new 1.40 size Funtana S-ARF designed and produced by Sebastiano Silvestri.

This 78" span ARF model is a special production of the Standard Glow version, and features accessories for Electric Power Systems. The model includes a special electric motor mount and instructions to install the electric motor and battery system. Also included are a wing and elevator cover for storage/transport.

This model can also be powered with a 1.40-1.60 Glow engine system. English instructions are included for both glow and electric set-ups

This model is very similar to the Funtana Pro-Kit, with one major difference it is completely Built! The model is precision laser cut and professionally constructed.

The model is available directly from Aero-Model .com link as follows:
http://www.aero-model.com/ProductDe...x?productID=428

Please feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them.

-Sean

evfast 09-22-2004 11:15 AM

RE: New Funtana S 140 - ARF

link does not work.[&o]

P-51B 09-22-2004 12:01 PM

Try this one

http://www.aero-model.com/ProductDet...?productID=428

Pretty plane, but OMG...$600 special introductory price![X(], I will have to pass for that much dinero.

DTB 09-22-2004 12:45 PM

The wings have a lot more ribs than the 90 does. I've seen videos of Jason Shulman flying with the Hacker up front.

That price is a little to deep for my pockets.

Nice plane though, you don't notice the size until someone stands beside the plane.

[link=http://www.rccraze.com/funweb.mpg]Hacker Powered FT140 Video[/link]

Ian.W 09-22-2004 12:52 PM

yor complaining at $600! omg, we have to pay about $750 for the same plane over the pond!

DTB 09-22-2004 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: edible_engine

yor complaining at $600! omg, we have to pay about $750 for the same plane over the pond!
Not trying to be funny, but aren't most things higher in HI anyway?

The plane is normally $700 here in the mainland.

raideron 09-22-2004 02:11 PM

I wish I could get it.. But still trying to save for the S90, YS110 and
the servos... So much wants..... and not enough get....

P-51B 09-22-2004 02:24 PM

It says the normal price is $700, special intro price is $600.

For that much scratch, I can get an H-9 33% bird.

So, in summary, I guess I am complaining.

Ian.W 09-22-2004 02:44 PM

HI, nope lol. i dont even know what HI is! (hiwaii ??) nope, im in the UK, i was just giving some idea of the equivelent price. im looking at 350 GBP for the electric yak with no postage. so we looking a very high prices.

Edit: Note on my location, east of anglia (east anglia, england) HI (hawii??????) western sahara (africa).......lol;)

DTB 09-22-2004 05:34 PM

HI, nope lol. i dont even know what HI is! (hiwaii ??) nope, im in the UK, i was just giving some idea of the equivelent price. im looking at 350 GBP for the electric yak with no postage. so we looking a very high prices.

Edit: Note on my location, east of anglia (east anglia, england) HI (hawii??????) western sahara (africa).......lol;)
LOL... I did think you were in Hawaii. "HI" is the state abbrevation for Hawaii here in the US. I did see that Western Sahara part, but didn't put too much thought to it. Duh, DTB that is a desert. LOL...

A desert in Hawaii? Yeah right.... I had a slight brain cramp....

I heard things are higher in the UK.

fiveoboy01 09-23-2004 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: P-51B

It says the normal price is $700, special intro price is $600.

For that much scratch, I can get an H-9 33% bird.

So, in summary, I guess I am complaining.
I agree. Heck, a F90 is the same size and 1/3 the cost! The build quality isn't as good I'm sure, but why in the world would anyone in their right mind pay that price for an airplane of that size??

fonzie72 09-23-2004 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Friends,
:D Sebart's Funtana 140 is a awesome Plane, it is much light and optimal flyer! the best Airplane that I have Flown, in 3D is Awesome, In hover the Funtana 140 is much stable and smooth, My Set Up is: Mintor 170 With Mintor's Alluminiun Pipe (Only 95g), Chip Hyde Mount, JR 8411 on Ailerons, Elevator, JR 8401 On Rudder, Prop Apc 18/8W, Duralite 2.000mah. Ciao Alfo.

claudiobakst 01-31-2022 11:31 PM

I wish I could get it.. But still trying to save for the S90, YS110 and
the servos... So much wants..... and not enough get....

kmeyers 04-18-2022 08:11 AM

Wow, 18 year old thread.

I flew my Hanger 9 Funtana 125 yesterday. Once I relocated three servos from the tail to just two servos over the CG (seven years ago), this plane became a light weight ( 9 lbs ) feather ( 1100 sq/in of wing area ). It is a blast of an airplane. I bought it used for 100 dollars plane and three nice metal gear servos.

Finding any plane like this is a real treat!

Here is a thread I wrote back then:

Ameyam
I tried to PM you, typed out but did not get sent some how. I still haven't weighed the 125 yet.

The maiden was a little wacky with a tail heavy plane. I went home and moved the rudder servo to right over the radio mounting plate (pull pull) which let me take 6 ozs of weight out of the nose.

This plane flew so well for me it was practically the only plane I flew last year. This year I plan to go to one elevator servo somehow and take another 5 ozs out of the nose.

This plane flies so great with the DLE 20 that both the guys who owned it before me and flew it with a heavy CRRC Pro 26 were sorry they sold it.

Great to hear about yours.