Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Valley View Profile planes >

Valley View Profile planes

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Valley View Profile planes

Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valley View Profile planes

Does anybody have any experience with the Valley View 20cc Yak or the Yak Pro. It looks that the Yak Pro has a wider fuselage that the gas tank, receiver, battery, etc will fit inside. The Yak pro is about $30.00 more than the other Yak they sell.

I'm interested in the quality and flight characteristics of both models. I would appreciate any comments from anyone who has put together either of these models.

Mike
Old 05-01-2014, 09:09 AM

3 weeks with no responses. Guess that says it all.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:20 AM
My Feedback: (42)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiomike
3 weeks with no responses. Guess that says it all.

Surprises me also, if it means much I am looking at this one, to me looks great! Only 2 videos online of it I could find. Hopefully she can come in under 8lbs with a DLE20cc
Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM

Hi,

If you are getting one of these I would very much like your evaluation on it after you get it in the air. I just don't understand why there is nothing being said about this model. I have never seen a review or comment about it anywhere. Strange indeed.

Mike
Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 PM
My Feedback: (42)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiomike
Hi,

If you are getting one of these I would very much like your evaluation on it after you get it in the air. I just don't understand why there is nothing being said about this model. I have never seen a review or comment about it anywhere. Strange indeed.

Mike

I think this 'version' is fairly new, I was looking at the Prox260, Redwing Sbach(low wing area but cheap), and this Yak for a DLE20cc,

Only concern with the Yak is the stated 8lbs, i plan on doing a High volt setup with light 2s lipo packs and no regulators, if i can keep it in the 7's i dont see why this thing wont be awesome.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:10 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I just got one. It is actually designed around their 20 gas engine. I am putting a dle 20 in it. I had to do several mods to get it in. Right now I am at a stand still. The muffler won't fit
with out cutting 1/4" off the engine mount . Very disappointed. Don't know what the solution is. That would greatly weaken the mount.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:30 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdan
I just got one. It is actually designed around their 20 gas engine. I am putting a dle 20 in it. I had to do several mods to get it in. Right now I am at a stand still. The muffler won't fit
with out cutting 1/4" off the engine mount . Very disappointed. Don't know what the solution is. That would greatly weaken the mount.
Good information and thanks for sharing it. I have an Aerobeez profile, but I have also wondered about the VV profiles too. Just does not seem to be much info out there at all. Does the one you have have the internal fuel tank?

That seems like it would be an issue, but maybe not.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:56 AM

I spoke to Tom at VV he told me the stock muffler won't fit. I had to purchase a profile muffler. I hope it fits. Other than the engine and ignition installation. The plane
is well made. Finish is great, It looks like it will be a good flyer. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:00 PM

Finally got to fly it. Very stable, but it flies heavy ( 8.1 lbs) The first thing I had to do was replace the carbon fiber landing gear. It gave very little prop clearance and was quite springy.
I am running a 17x6 Zoar prop. Flying off a grass field became a problem. I'll take it out again and start tossing it around.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Thanks for sharing that info. I was waiting for someone to give a review before buying. Too bad it weighs that much. I think I will have to get something else that is a little less heavy.