Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

HELP!!! OS 46 la stripped head!

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

HELP!!! OS 46 la stripped head!

Old 11-08-2015, 04:37 PM
kws08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! OS 46 la stripped head!

I stripped the head on my OS 46 la, oops. Went to order the head, and it's a discontinued engine and part. I looked everywhere online with no luck. At this point I'm considering a new engine, but would hate to toss an engine such little time on it. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

That's going to be a tough one. They (whole engines) show up on Ebay from time to time, but you have to be actively looking for one. Similiar for me is my liking for the Thunder Tiger GP . 42. Great little engine but not easily available. Earlier this year I ran into one on Ebay and picked it up for $38 shipped. Turned out to be a low hour, clean and in great condition runner. You only need a head, I would actively keep looking on Ebay for a "parts" engine or even a whole one to fill your need. Another option is a helical insert, but the money you're going to spend to fix your stripped head could possibly buy a "parts" engine on Ebay. Your hunt continues. Good luck
Old 11-09-2015, 02:58 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If it is a stripped glow plug boss then pickup any issue of Model Aviation and go to the classified section in the back an every issue Clarence Lee of Lee Custom engines advertises he does glow plug thread repair with helicoils last I heard was about ten bucks providing you sent the head by itself. He is out in Sunland California and been doing them as long as I can remember. Be aware he has no website.

John
Old 11-09-2015, 01:57 PM
kws08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the help, I greatly appreciate it Tom and John. The head is off to Calif. to get a helicoil put in.