Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Help With My Mojo 40's cg?

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Can Anyone Help With My Mojo 40's cg?

Old 01-24-2016, 01:32 PM
T.W.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Anyone Help With My Mojo 40's cg?

Hi, I'm part-way through renovating my Mojo 40 for the up-coming flying season, and have just realised that I didn't make a note of the CG before stripping her down - can anyone tell me what it says on the plans please. Although she's been 'in retirement' for the past couple of years, my Mojo has logged 195 flights and is more than 8 years old - and she was 'showing her age', hence the need to renovate. I'm also strengthening the wing-tips in preparation for fitting side force genertors - which should make the model's knife-edge even better than it already is . Tony
Old 01-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I fly mine at 4 3/4" back from the leading edge at the fuselage. It is at the aft end of the recommended range, but flies well. I am going to go back further. I have over 350 flights on mine.

Scott
Old 01-27-2016, 05:15 AM
T.W.

Thanks for this Scott - with that many flights logged I would have thought you'd be very happy with your CG! What's the reasdon going more 'aft?' Thanks for your help, Tony
Old 01-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My MOJO 40 was my first real 3D plane. I started with the Cg further forward to get the feel of it. I moved it back to where it is now and really like how it flies, but it is still a tad nose heavy. I have been meaning to change it for a year or so, but I never get around to it. This thing flies great, but I think I can make it a little better for my flying style with the Cg slightly further aft, maybe 1/8 to 1/4".
Old 01-27-2016, 04:17 PM
T.W.

OK. Understood. Thanks a lot. My 3-D flying is ok these days, but I guess where you are right now is a good place for me to aim for :-). Cheers, Tony