Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile Rehab

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 08:34 PM
georgec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile Rehab

Well Saturday before last I went to a swap meet in Sugarland Tx and Bought a Su- Do-
Khoi profile and my two times a week habit has now gone to seven days. Thats right
I have to get a fix everyday now. My question is should I seek help for my addiction or Just enjoy the feeling as just as long as I can? Because we all know that I probably won't be able to shake this one on my own.

I myself think it also has something to do with joining the Pro Bros. What do you all think.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:13 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Profile Rehab

Dont fight it...just get out there and 3D.....Gator
Old 10-28-2003, 10:38 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

I will never be without a profile.

Too much damn fun!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:20 PM
lomcevek1

I believe there will be a weekend rehab session in houston next year.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:43 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

The first step is to deny that any problem exists.

The second step is to just go with it!

There are 10 more steps, but I never got past #2!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:02 PM
georgec

Well I just got back from getting my evening fix man was it great had a blast but I sure don't
like these short days an hour not enough but better than none.

Gator I am not sure if you could call what I'm doing 3D or not. I'm still just moving the sticks around and seeing what happens next. somethings are pretty cool and some just look completely
out of control. Oh but wait a I think that is 3D if not it sure is a lot of fun.

wgeffon I take mine to work everyday just in case I need it you never know when you might
need a profile plane at work. I hate to brag but I work on a grass farm so I have about 1200
acer runway so if I get withdraws I can sneak to back and get at least one flight in.

lomecevek1 I will be at that weekend rehab session in houston for sure can't wait to meet the rest of the Bros. I know a few of the local brothers YNOT, Kyle, Keith and yes the world famous
Ulf all really great guys always wanting to help as much as they can.

Chuck your advice is probably the best I think I will will take those words of wisdom and remember
them from now on. Those two will surly get me by for now.

Thanks alot brothers
Your addicted bro George
Old 10-29-2003, 09:59 PM
ChuckAuger

ORIGINAL: georgec

I know a few of the local brothers YNOT, Kyle, Keith and yes the world famous
Ulf all really great guys always wanting to help as much as they can.

Thanks alot brothers
Your addicted bro George
Oh Man! You are running with hard core addicts!! There is, my friend, no hope for you now.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:14 PM
georgec

AMEN BROTHER But what a way to go. Might as well go down with some of the best.[8D]
Old 10-29-2003, 10:38 PM
YNOT

I will be in Bay City Sunday to install you 3D chip. I have an xacto knife and thin CA.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:55 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, my name is Matchless and I'm a 3d-aholic.

I'm addicted. I find myself at the field watching Jess and Ricky (and Gator and Swany....) and pestering them by asking-"Ok, now did you.... to get that plane to ......?" I hover electrics in my front yard after work..... My designs, all previously pylon racing focused now have thick stubby wings and gargantuan control surfaces.....
Old 10-29-2003, 11:28 PM
ChuckAuger

My name is Chuck, and I'm addicted to so damn many things my head spins.

I too have taken to hovering electrics in my front yard. I'm so ashamed, I never thought it would happen to me!

But I can't stop, I just don't have the will power. And if that's not bad enough, I have been encouraging my buddies to try it....just once. I know they will never be able to kick the habit, but I don't care. I just want to see them as sick and twisted as I have become.

Where's my charger?? My charger!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Billy Hell

The worst thing about flying profiles is feeling so bad for the guys that don't. I have a very good looking profile hanging over my desk work. One of the guys in the offic came by (a nice guy) and felt like he needed to lament how ugly my plane was. I see a profile and it looks beautiful to me. I just feel bad for the guy that can't get past the need to fly a scale plane. DUDE, it's function over form and I like the form as well.
I suffer these folks with silence. I guess it's all about what you want, a scale looking plane or a plane that will do anything you ask of it.
My profiles ride around in the back of my Expy at all times. I have an extension cord that has the plug hanging out of my window. It goes to my trickle chargers. I get home from work, I charge my bird and TX over night. I wake up. I drive to the field. I fly. I go to work. I go home. Repeat.
When I die I will walk into the light and Grandpa Walton will show me to my field and my lineup of profiles to fly. That will be heaven......that and all those girls from Backyard Flyer will be there.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:40 PM
latch66

My name is Latch,

I don't want to quit hovering, torque rolling, flat spinning, etc. my airplanes.

I don't have a problem.

And I'm only here because my Wife made me come!

And I am currently offering FREE 3D lessons to any and all of the girls from Backyard Flyer!
Old 10-30-2003, 01:25 AM
hroachen

ORIGINAL: Billy Hell
The worst thing about flying profiles is feeling so bad for the guys that don't.
The thing that never fails to confound me is that most of the guys in my club see the way my profiles fly and then go out and get a Somethin' Extra or a 40 size Extra300 or CAP ARF and are upset when they don't fly as well. I ask them why they don't jsut get a profile, and I usually get an anwer like "this is more aerodynamic than a profile"

I'm not sure how to respond to that. What does "more aerodynamic" mean anyway? More drag? More wing loading? Maybe I'll tell them that my profiles are "more physics" than their planes.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:07 AM
matlok

ORIGINAL: latch66
And I am currently offering FREE 3D lessons to any and all of the girls from Backyard Flyer!
If you hold a clinic, I wanna be one of the coaches!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:16 AM
Billy Hell

Or this....
The guys at the field marvel at my profiles (even the really smart and gifted pilots). They vow to buy a profile. I beg them not to buy the Fazor and to get a real profile. THEY ALWAYS SHOW UP WITH A FAZOR! This has happened time after time! Then they see me and want me to get all excited about their new Fazor. I just can't do it. Good luck!
I had a little debate at the field last week with a guy that just barely flies his trainer but was certain there was nothing my OMP could do that a Fazor couldn't. I explained how the better profile totally out flew the Fazor. He shook his head and said that just couldn't be. Then I realized I was talking to a guy that almost can't fly and gave it up. It isn't easy being a Pro Bro sometimes.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:40 AM
777M8

Being a Pro Bro is a 24/7 lifestyle. And at times it is not easy,but IMHO the very best time is when you around other Pro Bro's.
BTW I am Counting down the days till Houston, I have started building the planes I plan on taking.(my old fleet is now a yellow & purple pile in my shop)...B Bill
Old 10-30-2003, 11:30 AM
georgec

ORIGINAL: YNOT

I will be in Bay City Sunday to install you 3D chip. I have an xacto knife and thin CA.
Tony does this mean I have to shave my head like the guy in the ad or can we
install the chip behind my ear or something.

Also are you still bringing me the flip? I hope so.[8D]
Old 10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
TERMAGATOR

When I die I will walk into the light and Grandpa Walton will show me to my field and my lineup of profiles to fly. That will be heaven......that and all those girls from Backyard Flyer will be there.
AND THEM TWIIINNNSSS!!!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

What the heck is this whining...

I hover cause I like it. That's all, just because I want to. Addicted? Me? No, what kinda question is that? You think I'm hooked? You're the one with the problem, man. I don't HAVE to hover, I could fly a "regular" plane too. I could just fly around in the same old rectangle all day, and do 59 touch and goes in a single flight. I don't have to tumble all the way down to the top of the corn. I just like it, OK? I can just do a loop and leave the waterfall off of the top, no problem! And yes, Doctor Hate-Ta-Hover, I can do a flat spin on the way DOWN too.

Addicted? No mam, not me... I can give up my profile any time I like...

Really, I'm ok... How are you?[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 10-30-2003, 05:01 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, that guy has a problem...

Wait a minute, that's me!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:58 PM
YNOT

We had a HH (Habitual Hover'er) meeting today. George did get his chip installed and is doing much better now.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:17 PM
ChuckAuger

ORIGINAL: TERMAGATOR

AND THEM TWIIINNNSSS!!!!!
Ask Gordo how them Twinnsss almost got him a divorce Sometimes I just can't help myself!!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:17 PM
georgec

Pictures and detailed story coming tomarrow having trouble thinging about any thing but 3D
tonite. Not to worry Dr. YNOT said thats normal at first.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:27 AM
danhoh

Hay YNOT...............

If ever on your travels, you wind up in Seattle, ya let me know.

I'd prefer someone with experienced stick fingers to install my 3D chip.

You never leave home without 3D chips to sell, right ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.