Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Dreamer

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 03:02 AM
Razor_Sharp
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreamer

I found a good looking Bi-Plane in the Tower Hobbies catalog called the Dreamer. It is made by Gee Bee. Does anyone know anything about this kit? The ad bills it as a tumblebug. Capable of Lamchavacs and all of the other aerobatics. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gregg
Old 06-22-2002, 05:40 PM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Default Dreamer

I have mine, 3 of them for about 6 months. All of them have some small modifications from the plans. All 3 have wings that bolt on instead of using rubber bands to hold the top wing on. One has a ST 45, one has an OS 50 SX, and the last one has a ST40 from a 4 Star racer. This is one hot airplane that is a handful to put it nicely. The second one I built is the one in the picture below, has the OS 50 SX in it, and BTW is for sale.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:06 AM
martyg
My Feedback: (42)

Default Dreamer

I have one, too old and worn out to fly anymore.
I bought it at an auction - Turned out to be a geat deal.
It had a 46SF on it. Excellent combination.

I really loved that plane, and have another kit ready to build.
I'm leaning towards a Saito 56 on it.

Landing gear block is weak on this plane.
I plan to reinforce that area with fiberglass.

Mike, could you post a sketch of how you did the wing bolt mounting? Did you use the music wire structs from the kit?
Old 06-25-2002, 04:12 AM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Default Dreamer

I put blind nuts in the wing where the struts made contact and soldered tabs onto wire. This is a good pick of the finished wire before the covering went on.

Make sure you click on the picture below. The full size image shows the finished wires.