Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Have you all gone through this stage?

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Have you all gone through this stage?

Old 07-16-2004, 12:31 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you all gone through this stage?

We did a little crazy turf hugging in Sunday. I personally went through 2 props in less than one tank of fuel. Threw in some mock combat, and general silliness.

We got it on film. It will be edited and posted eventually. I think the camera man was taking shelter behind a chain link fence, but I haven't yet seen the video.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: matchlessaero

Good news is that I think I have now conclusively proven a thought that Matlok passed to me "Your airframe will be less damaged if you dork it hovering or harriering from 1ft instead of from 15ft." Too bad it took several busted planes to prove this to myself......
If you are hovering at 15 ft, you're doing yourself a disservice---Get it down on the deck!
I also agree with this statement, minor/little damage vs cracked fuse and worse.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:47 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Hey matchless,
I could post several pics just like your KE pass but mine would all have to captioned "just before it hit"
Matt
Old 07-16-2004, 07:14 PM
RSands

I agree with the hovering, but DO NOT try to learn rolling harrier circles too close to the ground. All sorts of interesting stuff will break and fly off it then.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Gordo said: "Stupid Circle flyer, Poser Bro, Fag" [X(]

Dude- You cannot expect anything positive from comments like that---
Old 07-16-2004, 07:27 PM
georgec

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

This guy doesn't understand pro bro language.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:36 PM
RSands

Whoops
ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

Old 07-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

What does that mean in "pro-bro" language?

Pretty immature and inappropriate as far as I can tell-
Old 07-16-2004, 08:38 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

ProBros would rather tell it like it is than sugar coat it or come up with some lame politically correct bs. We call a circle flyin jerk a circle flyin jerk! Plain and simple. Too many people need to get some stones and stand up for what they believe in and be responsible for their actions. ProBros understand that, the rest are spending their time worrying about appearances and what the neighbors might think.
Matt
Old 07-16-2004, 09:01 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah, I put it down to an inability to use more than two syllable words. The comment about fags was totally inappropriate. Period. Stand up for what you believe in but don't alienate people to do it. It's counter productive - you'll just wind up convincing no one but your compatriots who already believe what you do. In other words you're your own little cliché somewhat tired and pathetic. You sound like a zealot unable to accept others viewpoints. Is that your intention, or is it to spread the word on what others are missing out on?

You want to fly 3D and convince others how much fun it is, do it without disparaging others. Be polite. ProBro's aren't Hells Angels!

John
Old 07-16-2004, 09:44 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Guys, first off calm down. Gordo was just playing around, and for some reason being called a fag by another pro bro isn't a slam any more. It's more like a term of endearment. Good Grief some people take stuff way to seriously. Anyone that has been around in "pro bro land" knew what Gordo was saying and didn't take any offense to it.

Besides FAG stands for Friggen Awsome Guy!!! Didn't you know? [8D]
Old 07-16-2004, 10:26 PM
777M8

WOW..Simply amazing to me how we talk about each other all the time in the PRO BRO forum but let us slam a circle flyer and guys come out of the batteries and charger forum and the extreme speed forum... Welcome to the forum hang out and get to know us before you make your judgment on us... [:@]
Old 07-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

OK guys, stop the PMs.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Geez, what's the universe coming to? []
Old 07-17-2004, 04:58 AM
JNorton

Guys, it is this way. I've been biking since I was 16. I know the lingo. I know when something is appropriate and not. When you start to sound like Skin Heads that is the way you'll be perceived. Having been perceived as as worthless no account biker and factory rat it was with some astonishment that 20 years ago the head of Engineering in a fortune 500 company offered me a position in management working as an electronics technician.

Perception is everything and I think your crossing the line. My opinion, but you might want to think of why people pop out of the wood work. Not posting doesn't mean I don't read. I post in the battery forum because I have more experience with electronics.

John

EDIT -> One last thought on perception. You say everything is just in fun. Try explaining some of these postings to your 10 year old son.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:58 AM
novabill

ORIGINAL: JNorton

Guys, it is this way. I've been biking since I was 16. I know the lingo. I know when something is appropriate and not. When you start to sound like Skin Heads that is the way you'll be perceived. Having been perceived as as worthless no account biker and factory rat it was with some astonishment that 20 years ago the head of Engineering in a fortune 500 company offered me a position in management working as an electronics technician.

Perception is everything and I think your crossing the line. My opinion, but you might want to think of why people pop out of the wood work. Not posting doesn't mean I don't read. I post in the battery forum because I have more experience with electronics.

John

EDIT -> One last thought on perception. You say everything is just in fun. Try explaining some of these postings to your 10 year old son.

I think you are really taking this too hard man. If you read through these threads, you will see what all of the bros are about. You will see alot of teasing and taunting and you will see the same people bending over backwards to promote our segment of the hobby and offer advice and answers when questions are posted. Gordo was'nt trying to offend anyone, just poking a little fun. Man, you are sensitive.

BTW maybee you need to listen to your ten year old and his friends when they are playing around, I'm sure you'll hear them poking the same fun at each other and not getting offended by it.

If Gordo wanted to offend someone, there is a whole other section in the dictionary for that
Old 07-17-2004, 11:56 AM
777M8

pop out of the wood work.

John

HAR HAR JNorton said wood...
Old 07-17-2004, 12:30 PM
JNorton

Have fun guys
Old 07-17-2004, 01:59 PM
novabill

LMFAO
Old 07-17-2004, 04:36 PM
JNorton

Hey I laugh, drink beer, fly airplanes, ride scooters and talk trash. I'm not your damn priest just wanted you to think about what you write a little more carefully. Now I've got to finish that Somethin Extra and perhaps buy one of Paul Swany's Burritos.

John
Old 07-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Quicker

perhaps buy one of Paul Swany's Burritos
Fantastic plane. I've owned a lot and it's one of my favorites ever.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

damn priest

John
Oh man, now you went and did it, How many will be offended by that now??????????????
Old 07-17-2004, 07:27 PM
777M8

Hey I laugh, drink beer, fly airplanes, ride scooters and talk trash. Now I've got to finish that Somethin Extra and perhaps buy one of Paul Swany's Burritos.

John
Just my .02 but I would get the Burrito first and put SE on the back burner, The SE is not the best 3D bird to learn on. And you kind of have the things you do in the wrong order...

We Ride scooters,LAUGH,Trash talk,LAUGH, Fly airplanes ,LAUGH, then drink beer, Then mostly trash talk ,LAUGH..

Bill
Old 07-17-2004, 07:54 PM
JNorton

Bizzaro Bill
Yah, the order changes according to the wind. No wind fly lots - ride a little, lots of wind fly some then ride longer. Get home in either case and have some brewskis. Laugh as required. Have I got it right now? I'll get the Burito.
Gordo,
Someone is always offended. My dear departed Mother would not be happy with me for using the term damn priest. My point was sometimes we cross the line and instead of including people we exclude them. What sounded to you like good clean fun sounded to me like the worst kind of prejudice, anyway it's be beaten to death and I've hijacked the thread. Not very nice of me, was it?

John
Old 07-17-2004, 09:05 PM
RSands

Go easy on him Gordo, sounds like he may be a Freakin Awesome Guy. Norton you turf a bird much? A was hovering my GS a few weeks back at about 10 ft and she flatlined [X(]. Got lucky, no damage. Them crazylegs are amazing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.