Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Have you all gone through this stage?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Have you all gone through this stage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Quicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you all gone through this stage?

Actaually, I think you are starting to fit in. You've got thick enough skin [8D]

The Burrito IMHO is the best 3D bird to learn on....bar none. Is it the best 3D bird al around? Maybe not but it's tops in my book. I used to keep an electric in my car for lunch flying. I found a field 5 minutes from work and now the Burrito lives in my car. It's with me more than my wife
Old 07-17-2004, 09:26 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys I don't think there is a prayer of me learning to 3D. I have many talents but being blessed with quick reflexes isn't one of them. As to turfing a bird I just put my Venus in last Tuesday, couldn't get in out of a spin. Fuse is in pretty good shape but the wing is toast. I'll use the parts out of the Venus for the Burrito. TT Pro .46 and Hitec HS425 servos and I've got some APC 11.5 X 4 props. Unfortunately there is no one at my club who 3D's so I'm on my own. We will see.

John
Old 07-17-2004, 09:28 PM
georgec

Not to mention the Burrito will take alot of abuse. I love my Burrito.[8D]
Mine stays in my ride also.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:31 PM
777M8

ORIGINAL: JNorton

I've hijacked the thread. Not very nice of me, was it?

John
Actualy what has been going with this thread fits the original title...Several of us have gone through this stage several times...

What happened to the other guy? Did he go home?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69159.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	154641  
Old 07-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bizzaro Bill

I've hijacked the thread. Not very nice of me, was it?

John
Actualy what has been going with this thread fits the original title...Several of us have gone through this stage several times...

What happened to the other guy? Did he go home?
LOL Bill, always stirring, just when things start to settle.....

Yep, this is the world of the Bros. If we're not getting trashed for 3D'n on the runway, we're getting trashed on RCU for saying...........well, just about anything!!!!

Back to the thread, I proved to myself tonight that I'm not over this stage yet....Turfed several times, good thing the Bizzar One builds one Hell of a Sledge!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 10:37 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh Huh, huh huh, Bill said SAC.......

Shut up Dillweed!!!!
Old 07-17-2004, 11:01 PM
RSands

Don't sell yourself short. Augering a pattern plane is a good start , buyin a Burrito is a big step in the right direction. You certainly have the right attitude, and not having anyone else in the club that does it just means you'd be the first. It ain't that hard, just a whole lot of fun.

Guys I don't think there is a prayer of me learning to 3D. I have many talents but being blessed with quick reflexes isn't one of them. As to turfing a bird I just put my Venus in last Tuesday, couldn't get in out of a spin. Fuse is in pretty good shape but the wing is toast. I'll use the parts out of the Venus for the Burrito. TT Pro .46 and Hitec HS425 servos and I've got some APC 11.5 X 4 props. Unfortunately there is no one at my club who 3D's so I'm on my own. We will see.

John
Old 07-18-2004, 03:22 AM
lomcevek1

I agree don't sell yourself short 3D flying does not take quick reflexes if your airplane is setup properly. It does take lots of fuel to practice. But it can add another level of challenge to your hobby experience.

Build the burrito. I just started mine today.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:26 PM
3littlefonzies

yeah it aint that hard. ive only been flyin AT ALL since the new year. now im starting to get the feel of harrier rolling circles. and i can almost torque roll. people sometimes think that i know what i am doing

now that ive got my second u can do .46, maybe i'm through that stage.............nah.

I wish i had a profile. [:@] DON'T SHOOT, I DON'T THINK THEY'RE UGLY!!!!!!!! ......... anymore
Old 07-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Quicker

DON'T SHOOT, I DON'T THINK THEY'RE UGLY!!!!!!!!

Oh, man, why did you have to say that. I get that all the time at my club...until it gets in the air. Then they forget it's a profile and start saying "Man, that thing is SWEET!!!!" I used to get the same comments about my SPADs. Now You always see at least a few at the field all the time.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:40 PM
3littlefonzies

I actually did think they were ugly till i flew one.... ONE. thats all it took. not ugly anymore.