Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Fazer flies

Old 08-08-2004, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fazer flies

Flew my new Fazer for the first time today. It was at a funfly, and airtime was at a premium, so I didn't get a followup flight but what can you do. Power is with an Irvine 36 with Ultrathrust muffler thats turning a Grish Magnum Tornado 11x4 at 13k on 10% nitro. It'll hover it no problem. Final weight as measured on the scale at the lhs was 4lbs 2 oz dry. There is 2 oz of lead at the tail which probably wouldn't have been needed if I hadn't routered lightenning holes into the aft end of the solid fuse.

Thoughts so far are:

I must have built it pretty straight cause it just needed a touch of down trim to get it flying handsoff. While I wouldn't go as far as BH as to almost not consider it a profile, it is much tamer than say a [link=http://www.rcsites.net/sport_flyer/images/Sledge.jpg]Morris Sledge [/link] or [link=http://www.rcsites.net/sport_flyer/images/Twister1.jpg]Lanier ProTwister [/link] - my other two profiles. I would consider it a pretty good, easy-to-build first timers profile that is definitely a setup funfly-wise than a Something' Extra. The wing could probably stand to have been designed a little fatter as its actually pretty darn quick with the 11x4. Aileron and elevator seemed pretty good - it should harrier no problem and with elevator-flap mixing it should prove entertaining. It does hang on the prop okay enough. My only real complaint from the first flight is regarding the rudder - it ain't got near the authority as my other two profiles and the throw is maxed out. First time it needs some repairs I'm gonna add an inch to it and see if that helps -- its so pretty I won't cut it till I absolutely need to. The first flight only lasted about 6 or seven minutes as I ended up deadsticking a bit over half-way through the tank. Glide was excellent as was turning without power and I brought it in for a greaser landing right down the runway.

Next to build will be a Fox 25 powered Fat Free Taco!! Probably won't start that one till around Christmas though. Cheers all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15828.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	161843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14636.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	161844