Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
 No EF Edge's Until Year's End >

No EF Edge's Until Year's End

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

No EF Edge's Until Year's End

Old 08-10-2004, 06:20 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No EF Edge's Until Year's End

Man I am so bummed. I was ready to dish out the clams for an EF Edge and found out from Chris that they won't have more in until years end. So much for going profile this season I also tried looking at an OMP Katana ARF and those two are not in stock until like Sept. Can anyone recommend a good beginner 3D ARF alternate? I have a new engine and radio gear waiting in the wings and not profile to install it in.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:37 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: No EF Edge's Until Year's End

Call Dougs Hobby Shop in Maryland and ask for Jim Moran. 301/843-7774
He has one EF Edge 540 on the shelf I saw it today, $149.99
Dougs Hobby Shop is a full mail order operation so he can send it right out to you.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I know you are looking for an ARF, but I highly recommend the Burrito:
http://www.swanyshouse.com

It flies like a dream and is very easy to build. In fact, I had never even assembled an ARF when I undertook building this kit. SInce this was my first build, I can't compare it to other kits, but can testify to the fact that the instructions are very clear and the construction simple. On the few occasions that I wasn't sure what needed to be done, I would post a question here on RCU and always got quick detailed replies from Paul and others. There are also several excellent Burrito construction threads here on RCU.

I am just learning 3D and can't imagine a better plane for this purpose. It is light, slow, and stable and far more capable than the pilot. It is also extremely tough due to the CF rod running the length of the fuselage. I dorked it so hard a couple of weeks ago that I am not sure my Ultra Stick's fuselage would have remained intact in a similar situation. With the Burrito, I just fired it up and kept on flying!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:58 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Build a kit - OMP Edge or Sledge. Couple evenings to frame up, couple to cover it and you are at the same spot as an ARF. I bought the EF Edge cause it was available but why wait?
Old 08-11-2004, 12:10 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Good news. Just found a Hobby Shop in Maryland that had one on the shelf. Ordered it. Will be here next week. My second profile will probably be a OMP or maybe the burrito.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased a backup EF Edge a couple of months ago. I hid it in a corner of the shop to avoid the usual questions about why I need another plane. Since Chris is out, the value of the remaining NIB planes has to be going up.

I may get the Edge out this afternoon, show it to my wife and explain what a shrewd investment it was.

Eric
Old 08-11-2004, 12:43 PM
My Feedback: (16)

well I sure am glad that I still have a OMP Katana ARF and EF Edge ARF brand new in the box . Will probably have both build here shortly and ready to go for the September events.
I thought Morris was going to have some new ARF's in stock. Give them a call.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Ive got a NIB EF edge i am willing to sell