Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

.15 for a pbf?

Old 08-13-2004, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .15 for a pbf?

I have had two pbf with a .40 la in both of them. ive had fun with both but even a pbf can take soo much lol. 100ft dead stick into cement isnt too pretty lol. ok so i wanna build another one because my club is going to have a funfly and i wanna fly one there. i have a pico gws receiver, .15 tt engine, i made a tint battery pack. real tiny. and i wanted to know if this setup would work on a standard 24x24 pbf. is there a different size one for that engine? i dont want the problems other guys are having with there tiny pbf's. remember its gonna be light so what do u guys think? hit me.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:09 AM

Default RE: .15 for a pbf?

I have built one with .15, 3 standard servos and a normal battery pack. It really rocked. It easily punched out of the hover. My was 20x20.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:55 AM
My Feedback: (9)

A .15 won't give you enough power for the 24x24.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:38 PM
My Feedback: (26)

By all means try making a light one. I had a .40 size one as well, and flew it for 13 months. My .40 size one was 2lbs 12oz after lots of repairs... This spring I made one with a .25LA and tried to keep everything light. I used fiberglass rods for spines and glass filled nylon sheet for an engine mount. I ended up 2lbs 2oz. The difference in the way the 2 PBF's fly is AMAZING! The light one is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better. To coin Dave McDonalds phrase, "It flys like an overpowered feather". Let me know if you want more info and or pics. 2LB PBF's are awesome!

Jeff
Old 08-13-2004, 04:21 PM

hey boogie what were the specs on ur pbf? 20x20 how much for elevons, size of rudder, ect? the servo im using are hs-55 feather for throttle and megatech servos which give same torque as hs-81's almost i have used them and there pretty good. so im using three of those. gws pico receicer and a light battery pack. i wonder. did u make a smaller spine because of the smaller size? what im trying to say did u make it thinner in any way? i was just wondering. thanks guys.

ohh yeah boogie what size prop did u use? like a 8x4? thanks and were was ur cg?
Old 08-14-2004, 05:38 AM

thanks dave. dave mc said if i multiply all the regular pbf specs by .83 i get the right size. i found out that doing it by .835 is even more percise thanks dave