Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

problems with other club members

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

problems with other club members

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Quicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problems with other club members

Gordo...I'm glad you're on our side [8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-19-2004, 09:54 PM
1fish
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Burrito Bandito

Wing tube?????? Oversized???????

BWAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

For those of you who have low manifold pressure, short stacks or 1/2A sized wing tubes go here (Mr Mustang):

http://www.male-enhancement-products...OVMTC=standard

3-D'n takes BALLS, get down low and dirty!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

Wow! Seems the more we get bashed the tougher and stronger the brotherhood gets. First an SB alert goes out on RCG and a circle jerk gets punished hard. The we have another full blown SB alert here and the response is like kicking a sleeping grizzly[>:]

PROUD to be BRO.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:29 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

Who knew the pro bros hunted in packs!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:45 PM
jack01

I guess we're like a gang of bikers; mess with one, and you've messed with them all.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

ORIGINAL: jack01

I guess we're like a gang of bikers; mess with one, and you've messed with them all.
Oh no, we're getting a peputation!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Burrito Bandito

Jack,

You did a GREAT job up in post #43, I was just bustin your chops a little I see that my old high school is still providing a great foundation. Ever think about the debate team? Just a hint though.....you will start loosing style points when you bring up the wing tube thing, and don't even THINK the word suck! But for the Bro's you struck an educated, yet "unrefined, able to fight in the mud" chord that is great.

Seriously though guys,

It would be interesting to start documenting entrance and exit of trolls and flamers. I frequently drop in the warbird and other forums to see what is going on. As Gordo said, I have NEVER seen one of the 3D guys drop in there and start spoutin off about how they (scale guys) are morons etc. So, just why is it that some of these guys feel compelled to do this to the 3D flyers? Not sure, but a serious fear of change could be one cause. This also suggests a closed mind for one thing and a psychologist could probably come up with many other areas of interest I'm sure.

Sure am proud to be a Bro, and seeing everyone rally to our collective defense is inspiring!

See everybody in Nashville!!!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

Who's next????????????? [8D][>:][8D]
Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Maybe we should visit the Warbirds forum...... [:@]
Old 08-20-2004, 11:30 AM
changed
Banned

ORIGINAL: MustangFan

One problem ....

It seems most "3-D" pilots think hovering is the only maneuver ... they are inconsiderate of others and hover "In the way of others".

I like flying of all sorts, but their are many that do not want to make a career of the hobby, just have some fun.

It takes a lot of practice to either fly competition style or the so called 3-D.
Most are not into that.

But if the pilots that want to 3-D would be more considerate of others, and quit whining themselves, I think they would be more accepted.
They must prove they are safe.

Most clubs have separate areas for helicopter pilots who hover for safety, maybe we need a separate area for the 3-D ( read hovering) participants.

A lot of modelers like Warbirds ... and I must admit ... just seeing them in the sky flying is nostalgic and beautiful..
Try being considerate and open minded ... "3-D" is not for everyone.

It's a hobby to relieve stress and have fun ....
So lets have fun flying safely.

Thought this post was kind of interesting!
Old 08-20-2004, 07:51 PM
torqmeister

Squintsfs16

Thanks for the assumption that 3D is dangerous! When I'm flying,and my plane stays 100' from the pilot barrier, DON'T CALL ME DANGEROUS! AT most fields the runway is between the pilot stand and the "100' " I'm talking about. If you want to land, LAND! I'm not in your way! Btw, the IMAC rules state your plane , while in flight, will not cross a line 100' out from the pilot. If i'm hovering over the runway, and don't get out of your way if you want to land, then shame on me. Otherwise, stay out of my face. And try a little common sense. And the best way to get along at a club field is simply follow the rules. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:49 PM
wild fred

anybody that flies a warbird needs to prove that they are safe more than a 3-d'er. what's more dangerous, a 5 lb. airplane with almost no airspeed, or a fast, heavy, non-maneuverable machine? if my omp blew into me at 1/2 throttle,it would probably cut me if I didn't swat it out of the air. if a 22 lb. mustang flew into me at 1/2 throttle, it would kill me; and probably a couple people behind me as well.

most people judge things by their own frame of reference. most non-3d'ers would be VERY dangerous if they tried what we do. but that doesn't mean it's dangerous when an experienced pilot does it.

My favorite example of this comes from greenriver rc; once a spectator asked him, "if the engine dies, will the plane crash?" his answer? "it depends on who you are." now, if you don't understand that analogy, why bother trying to reason with you?

also, I've been flying r/c since 1976. have flown about everything including heli's and ran cars and boats. I am pretty bored with "normal" planes, as I don't find it challenging. I've landed plenty of high wing loading turds. no challenge. flown many underpowered, overweight, overly complex things. boring. had quit flying for almost a year, as it was getting BORING. Then I got into 3d. now I have a challenge. of course, that's just me. it takes a lot to challenge an intelligent individual. the rest land overweight airplanes for excitement.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:41 PM
1fish

Well today went pretty well considering I almost got de-capitated by the very moron who was giving me crap the week ago!!! He came in for a landing got a little sketchy and turned the plane right at stand #5 which I was flying from, I was up pretty high so I just ducked and let his plane go by I probably didn't need to duck into the cage but its very unnerving when you hear a motor ending up and heading at you when you cant look to see exactly where it is!! Anyway I landed right after and asked him what was going on, he said he got a little wind under the wing and momentarily lost control, he apologized for scaring the crap out of me, I talked to him for a while and eventually let him know that he needs to use the rudder more and not the ailerons when landing, he agreed....I went on to talk about ha a great tool hovering is to learn how to use your left thumb and to my astonishment he actually agreed but said he was to old to learn such maneuver but he would work on using the rudder more for landing...

Who what a day ,,,he he he !!!

I am now doing my hovering early when nobody else is at the field and off to the side where the helicopter pad is and people are fine with it so far, I hope we dont get any heli pilots though they might want to use their area!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1fish

..I went on to talk about ha a great tool hovering is to learn how to use your left thumb and to my astonishment he actually agreed
Now THAT'S useing your noggin man!! Good job dude!!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 AM
changed
Banned

Torq,

I think you missed my point. I did not write the post, it was a quote from someone else. The guy I quoted has slammed 3d'rs in more than one thread. Believe me I'm all about 3D! I even fly heli's so that makes me doomed for sure.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:13 PM
StaggerBee
My Feedback: (6)

Give a Bro a warbird and he will fly the sh-t out of it......
Give a "Scale Pilot" a 3-D bird and he will crash the sh-t out of it!!!!

WHO HAS MORE SKILL??????????[X(]

Just my 2c [:-]

B

P.S. MustangFan,
Kiss my Rudder
Old 08-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

You know guys, we should let this die. Mustang was just trolling and he got what he came for. He is a small person with no life and a very poor selfesteem and we should feel sorry for him.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:51 PM
StaggerBee

ORIGINAL: Gordo-Outlaw

He is a small person with

A small wing tube
Old 08-23-2004, 05:21 PM
remcl1

Interesting how Munstangfan thinks that a plane that is hovering over the runway is the one in the way. Everyone needs to share the runway. I have had several cases where I will set up a hover in front of me and another pilot will say coming down the runway only seconds after I go nose high. He then will precede to do several double ended hammerheads in the runway for 15 min. Now who is in the way and a runway hog?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
torqmeister

Squints16

My aplogies. My reply should have been directed to Mustangfan.

I enjoy watching all types of aircraft fly. One thing is for sure, anytime you have more than two club members, there is a good chance you'll have multiple air plnes in the air at the same time. Let common sense and safety rules prevail.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:15 PM
StaggerBee

Hey Guys, Check out this Video!!!!!

When things go wrong in a TR......[X(]

Nothing happens

http://www.toctw.com/files/232_1091598886.wmv
Old 08-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

[8D]That was FUNNY!!!!! Looked like the prop almost came back at them, we better ban props!!! LOL
Old 08-24-2004, 04:34 PM
remcl1

Now that looked so dangerous. Mustangfan where did the plane go? I will tell you it went right down just a few feet from where he was flying. 3D the safest kind of flying: no question.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Hey, just a side note, does anybody else see the Pigi 3D in the AMA add for "Intruductory Membership"? Right here on RCU!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 06:31 AM
changed
Banned

I think we should just ban gravity since it is the major cause in most accidents! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.