Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
 OMP Hybrid kits came today! >

OMP Hybrid kits came today!

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP Hybrid kits came today!

Old 08-19-2004, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP Hybrid kits came today!

Well a buddy convinced me to build 2 of these monsters. One for him, One for me...and of course he had to twist my arm to get me to do it to!!!

The kits came yesterday and we opened them up at the field. The quality of wood is pretty good so far but haven't unpacked everything yet. Just took the plans out and looked over them briefly. The only thing I don't like so far are the wheel pants, they are pretty crappy and will need lots of sanding (there is a huge ridge where the halves are joined) They do seem pretty durable though as they will be taking a lot of abuse.

I've got to finish my buddies DV8R (jet) first but will start these ASAP afterwords.

They look pretty easy to build judging by the plans but I was kinda hoping to see an ALL ply fuse that boxed locked together, this wasn't the case. They are built up balsa like a CARDEN kit is. Well we all know how successful that line of aircraft is so it's not bad thing plus I'm sure they did it to keep it light, but definitely more work.

This looks to be a VERY light and strong air frame.

I'm mounting a 3W75 with canister muffler and my buddy thinks he will put a DA50 in his. Yes, 3w75 on a 16-17lb airplane, should be interesting.

Hopefully I'll finish my other project first and get on these two bad boys pretty quick, we are going to make them a pair that contrast each other and hopefully do some formation Fun Fly 3D'n. I'll post when I start them, Till then.....
Old 08-19-2004, 08:55 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: OMP Hybrid kits came today!

Two, wow you will be busy. Actually the whole front end from the wing saddle forward is laser cut and jigged together pieces that virtually snap together.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:23 AM

Actually, I was refering from the back of the fuse....HEH HEH!
And I'll let you know if it "snaps together"....JUST KIDDING...Love your products Dude, Hopefully I'll do these some justice!
Old 08-19-2004, 04:13 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Twist your arm....Whatcha talking about willis!!!!! I didn't even finish the question and you where on it like a dog waiting for his bone... Yeah yeah give me give me.... One thing let's promise not to torque roll dog fight with these.