Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Horizon Twist

Old 10-28-2004, 09:55 PM
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Horizon Twist

Just got around to flying the new Horizon Twist. Powered with the Evolution 46 and jr radio[8103] A new plane and engine did limit our flying time as the motor was not the sterling example we had been led to believe that they were. However the plane is a blast and with only one click of up trim was perfectly trimmed. Most of the standard maneuvers were easily accomplisehd with very little corrections being made. Plane did need 3 oz of nose weight to balance and I Seem to see this as a trend in newer ARF's. Prop was an 11.5X 3.5 Prop and is a repitched Bolly, fuel was Cool Power.
While I'm still fairly new to 3D style planes I have years of flying experience and feel that this plane will definitely do the job for me. If there is anyone else flying one and has some info to pass along it would be greatly appreciated. Next plane is the Funtana, my idea of a sexy looking plane.
Thanks ,Dennis
Old 10-30-2004, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Twist

When I had my twist, I forced the battery into the tank area with the tank and got it to balance without any weight. I was using a Webra .50 which is about 2.5 oz lighter than the evolution. The recomended CG starting point is verry conservative, so you might want to try pulling the CG back a little and save some weight.
For $99 it's a fun little plane. My oldest son has mine and it is still alive.