Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
 New Chip Hyde Profile!!! >

New Chip Hyde Profile!!!

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

New Chip Hyde Profile!!!

Old 11-24-2004, 07:43 PM
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Chip Hyde Profile!!!

I saw the ad for the profile and man, I think I have to have one [X(]

anyone else the ad here? Can be on Chip's site as well here:

http://www.chiphyde.com/html/profilecontest.html

the contest is to name the plane and im sure it will be available early next year. The specs looks decent on it and I like the look. Hope it isnt too $$$

matt
Old 11-24-2004, 09:49 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: New Chip Hyde Profile!!!

Mmmm, more profiles.

Eric
Old 11-24-2004, 11:29 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cover scheme looks like some 6 year old boys bedroom wallpaper. I'm sure it's a good flying ARF.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:46 AM
My Feedback: (228)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the covering can get tossed out as well. I like 80'' at 5 1/2 lps getting lighter ? must be the glue they forgot to put in the fuse to hold it together.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:07 AM
My Feedback: (14)

I had to do a double take on the weight. The description says the weight is "as pictured." So that weight is sans wheels, engine and electronics.

Eric
ORIGINAL: lenz rc

I like 80'' at 5 1/2 lps getting lighter ? must be the glue they forgot to put in the fuse to hold it together.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:38 PM
My Feedback: (228)

After I made the post I went back and saw it as well. It must be the new marketing ways to get us all to buy one. Nice to see someone as well known as him marketing it . I hope it flies good maybe a Chip Bi plane profile down the road. I like to see more profiles at my club. Sometimes it feel when I am flying 3-D planes- (profiles) I alienate some the war birds guys. If they could just try one maybe they will switch over to where the fun is. I hope I didn't open a can of worms with that statement remember this is the Fun Flying planes form.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:29 AM
My Feedback: (1)

What a coincidence...DiabloKid and I are tripping all over each other here at RCU...we both have/had Vectorflight planes, OMP profiles, and have or are researching Cap-x, Qq Yak, etc. etc. etc. We'veostd back and forth for months now... here we go again!

I'm choosing a plane for my new OS 1.60FX...hence the interest in Cap-x, Qq Yak, and others. However, I've been having SOOO MUCH fun flying my Katana Profile from OMP that I'm considering the Giant Arfs (79 and 80 inch) OMP Yak and Edge profile ARFs. Seems like some folks are having "issues" with the Aeroworks Arf... so I'll likely pass on that one.

Then imagine my surprise...I'm on Chip's websight drooling over the Cap-X and I see a Giant Profile ARF...WOW!

Anxious to see some video of Chip wringing out a prototype.

Any other info out there?