Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Morris Hobbies Hot Hots info pls >

Morris Hobbies Hot Hots info pls

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Morris Hobbies Hot Hots info pls

Old 10-03-2002, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morris Hobbies Hot Hots info pls

Hi Guys,

I just received my Hot Hots long kit today and I was wondering if any of you knew of any additional construction info, like a web-page or photo's or anything ?

Many thanks in advance !

BD.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:40 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I'm in the same boat. I love the Morris planes once built, but the directions SUCK. I turned the plane over to a "pro" builder un touched. He is also not impressed with the way this kit is instructed. Anybody got any suggestions? The wing and tail look to be straight forward, but the fuselage looks a bit tricky.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:16 PM

Hmmm,

I can't believe there's nobody out there with any helpful info :disappoin As Tail Twister says the instructions (what there is of them) suck big-time !

I'm not very impressed with Morris Hobbies either; for my 15bucks extra I only got one sheet of the plans ! The second sheet which shows the parts would have been very helpful to me. Or Morris could've actually printed the part numbers on the parts ! Durrr... :stupid:

Ah well, I've learn't my lesson and I'll stick to British kits (with the exception of Great Planes - Ultimate Bipe 40 from Tower - $99. 30page manual, enough plans to wall-paper the house and to quote Morris, sarcasticly, 'an ultra complete kit').

Bye bye American suppliers !

Later.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:34 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Originally posted by Bad Driver
Hmmm,

I can't believe there's nobody out there with any helpful info :disappoin As Tail Twister says the instructions (what there is of them) suck big-time !

I'm not very impressed with Morris Hobbies either; for my 15bucks extra I only got one sheet of the plans ! The second sheet which shows the parts would have been very helpful to me. Or Morris could've actually printed the part numbers on the parts ! Durrr... :stupid:

Ah well, I've learn't my lesson and I'll stick to British kits (with the exception of Great Planes - Ultimate Bipe 40 from Tower - $99. 30page manual, enough plans to wall-paper the house and to quote Morris, sarcasticly, 'an ultra complete kit').

Bye bye American suppliers !

Later.
you are going to hurt our feelings here. We, the Profile Brotherhood love Morris Airplanes ! I hope the great Profile God didn't read your comment !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	29270_3591.gif
Views:	55
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	18194  
Old 10-08-2002, 12:11 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hot Hots

I built the Morris long kit, as with any kit or scratch built airplane, I spend a few hrs with the parts and plans just test fitting and figuring out the parts and plans. The only mods I made where lightning holes where they would not compromise strength, added a 1/16" balsa laminate cut at a 45 deg. angle to the outside skin and glued on the inside, between the first and second bulkheads, jig built the wings.When I crash this one and I build a second Morris Hot Hots, I'll cut 1/16" notches in the front ribs and add 1/16" sq. balsa to give a little more area for the front sheeting to glue too.This airplane rocks with a hot 45 on it, one other thing put a swivel tail wheel (meaning non- steerable) so you can crab it in side ways on landing. I like the long tail moment did'nt think I would. Next model will be a Morris Giant Su-do-Kohi modified to take a ZDZ 50 gasser, ordered motor today. I have always been treated extremely well by the Morris clan. LeeU
Old 10-08-2002, 02:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I love the Morris planes too... After they are built! It would not have taken much to have the parts marked in some way. It's not impossible to build any kit out there, but there are better ways for a manufacturer to communicate to a buyer. (Dan Santich design plane, RCM plans, Morris kit) And guess what... They really are 3 (slightly) different planes. The Santich plane is slightly different from the plans and kit. The kit doesn't exactly match the plans either. And the instructions are a photo copy of the RCM article about scratch building a Santich plane. They read like "Put in all ribs and glue them." "Build the tail." "Make a fuselage." BAAAM! You have a Hots! Congratulations! I really believe the Morris planes fly better than the rest, but I hope the plans and instructions get a make over. They do need a bit of work. I do not regret buying the Morris products. They are very good. Their customer service is great too. I just get a headache while building. May the Pg forgive me...
Old 10-09-2002, 10:11 PM

I built the Morris Fun Design with Morris Powerhouse (Rossi 45 2000 rear exhaust) and used their pull-pull pkg. I've had the plane nearly 2 yrs and it has well over a hundred flights. I did not follow the instructions and chose to do take another path on mounting the wing and concealing the pull pull wire tubes. Actually I love flying the plane (flew it 6 or 7 times this morning). If I were to wreck it I would most like build another off of my existing plans. I would try to find a way to knock 4 or 5 oz off the weight. Mine weighs 4lbs 10 oz which is 7 or 8 oz heavier than my 2 OS powered Dazzlers. My weight may be in the Rossi engine.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:36 PM

I built my Hot Hots from scratch. A construction article in Jan 2002 RC Modeler is a great help.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:46 PM

This is my Hot Hots.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	29915_12402.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	18195