Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Free Plans for the PBXL

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Free Plans for the PBXL

Old 10-31-2002, 03:29 AM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Status Update.

I just finished the construction manual when you posted your question. I should have them ready to ship in the next couple of days. I will update my website as well, in the next couple of days so that you'll be able to purchase the PBXL shortly.
Thanks for your interest, support and patience!
Kevin
Old 10-31-2002, 03:27 PM
tailspnr

Default Free Plans for the PBXL

Okay Kevin. Im sold.......I looked at your website again and can't find a way to buy the PBXL yet. But I'd like to order 2 as soon as you have the first ones ready to go. I have truly become a PBF addict and maybe this PBXL will get me a little more respect out at the field.........note that I said little.

I'll keep checking your website for updates.

Scott K

I think you need to add the name PBXL to the thread name "Free Plans" to stir up a little more interest. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:28 PM
Kevins_RC

Default Tailspin

Scott K. - I just made copies of the construction manual. I made up the labels to go on the outside of the boxes late last night. I plan on putting a seperate link on my website for information on the PBXL and will note that this aircraft is the same as the plans offered that can be downloaded free.
those of you that can't wait, can now send me the money of the PBXL laser packs via PayPal. Just send the money to [email protected]
The cost is $32/ea shipped within the 48 US states. The kits come with:
* Laser cut: Ribs (balsa), Servo Trays & fuse nose doublers (1/8" lite ply), firewall (1/8" aircraft ply)
* Full scale construction drawing (scratch builder's version, same as what is shown on website);
* Full illustrated construction manual with digital construction pictures.

I will post an illustration of the contents of the kits on my site when I get a chance (tonight or tommorrow).
Hope that this helps!
Kevin
Old 10-31-2002, 07:06 PM
latch66

Guys, I've got one of the first kits.

It's a winner. The laser cutting of the parts is great.

The plans are great.

I'm going to my "LHS" (a 200 mile round trip) on Saturday to get what else I need for the kit.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:09 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

All right man... you got me... I'll order one.....

Just sent you money for one Kevin.... I was gonna scratch it... but it would take some time making templates for the ribs....
Old 10-31-2002, 09:54 PM
Kevins_RC

Default Paul - I'm with you!

I use to scratch build all of my prototype designs. Then I would have to develop the laser cutting files, and build another to verify the laser cutting files. Now I just develop the design, develop the laser cutting files from the design, and build my prototype using the laser cut version. I also develop the construction manual with the first laser cut version. It saves me a termendous amount of time.
Kevin
Old 11-01-2002, 02:52 AM
Kevins_RC

Default Website Updated!

I updated my website with the information on the PBXL. You can now order your PBXL short kits off of my website.
Paul, Scott - Thanks for the orders. You should have already recieved your UPS tracking numbers by now. Your kits will ship tomorrow Nov. 1. Thanks Again!
Kevin
Old 11-02-2002, 05:20 AM
Kevins_RC

Default PBXL Movies

We got some movies of the PBXL flying today! I have downloaded the movies to my computer and formated them. I will be posting them on my website soon.
Come check them out when you get a chance.
Thanks!
Kevin
Old 11-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Kevins_RC

Default PBXL Movies!

I have posted the PBXL Movies on my website. Check them out at: http://www.hsrcm.com
Tell me what you think!
Kevin
Old 11-07-2002, 12:35 AM
wild3dfunfly

will an os 25 do the job???
Old 11-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Kevins_RC

Default 25 Do it?

Of course. The PBXL is designed for a 15 to a 32. A 25 would be great. Its the ideal size. I fly mine with a Webra 32, though its too much. Try the PBXL - You'll Love it! The PBXL doesn't fly like the PBF, it flies like a flying wing, though you can have all othe fun of a PBF, and more!
Kevin
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 PM
SNARLACLES
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: 25 Do it?

man, this may be a record for pulling a thread outta the past. almost 10 years. I've had my PBXL setting on a bigscreen TV for so many years. I decided to get it down and finish it. Ibuilt this to be a glow plane, but dont fly glow anymore. Its tailheavy even with a 2.5oz heavy hub on the motor, Using a torque2818/900 , airboss 45 amp ESC and 2200mah 3 cell lipos.
heres a video of the madien, pretty harry flight since it was soo tail heavy(this was without the heavy hub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA2rLxg463I
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89918.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1630578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77295.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1630579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38687.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1630580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65458.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1630581  
Old 07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Status Update.

Nice to hear from ya Snarlacles..

Man... that looked pretty harry for sure! glad you got it down...
Old 07-02-2011, 07:40 PM
SNARLACLES

hey pauly, lets go fly sometime
Old 07-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Kevins_RC

Hey Snarlacles - Glad you got it back on the ground safe and sound. It did look tail heavy. I am the original designer / producer of those kits (a.k.a. Kevin from HSRCM). I got back into the hobby back in October (after taking 8 years off). The business is gone (went with a divorce), but all is good now. I too am surprised that this post still exists after 10 years. RCU must have a lot of hard drive space on their web servers!
I took out my PBXL a couple of months ago. Mine has a Webra 32 on it. The club members that don't know me from before freaked out over the PBXL. Once you get the CG right, you'll be able to flat spin it to the ground, do loops inches off of the ground, etc. It is definitely different and good for a laugh.

Paul - I still have a 'Fat Free Taco' kit in my closet. Maybe one of these days I'll build it. I still have yet to build a replacement set of wings for my 90-size Ecstacy that I flew through the trees in the morning fog in Nashville, TN (if you can remember).

Happy Flying!
Kevin
Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM
SNARLACLES

Kevin, its good to know your still around and got back in the hobby. I'm GATOR. I still have an ectasy NIB
Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: Kevins_RC

Hey Snarlacles - Glad you got it back on the ground safe and sound. It did look tail heavy. I am the original designer / producer of those kits (a.k.a. Kevin from HSRCM). I got back into the hobby back in October (after taking 8 years off). The business is gone (went with a divorce), but all is good now. I too am surprised that this post still exists after 10 years. RCU must have a lot of hard drive space on their web servers!
I took out my PBXL a couple of months ago. Mine has a Webra 32 on it. The club members that don't know me from before freaked out over the PBXL. Once you get the CG right, you'll be able to flat spin it to the ground, do loops inches off of the ground, etc. It is definitely different and good for a laugh.

Paul - I still have a 'Fat Free Taco' kit in my closet. Maybe one of these days I'll build it. I still have yet to build a replacement set of wings for my 90-size Ecstacy that I flew through the trees in the morning fog in Nashville, TN (if you can remember).

Happy Flying!
Kevin
Kevin, thats awsome that your back into the hobby. we were just sitting around at the memphis probro this year talking about you and your designs. do you still fly those loud loud pipes? haha
Old 07-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Kevins_RC

GATOR! DUDE! How the heck are you? You really need to find the time to build the Ectasy. That was always my favorite Fun-Fly. There is a reason why I named it what I did. I designed a 50cc version Ectasy. :-) I had one set of wing ribs laser cut, but never finished the design nor the proto-type. Maybe someday.

Constrictor - I don't know what you are talking about - loud pipes! :-) I still run Mac headers with tuned pipes to get the maximum HP and quickest throttle response on my fun-flys. Glad to hear that you guys are talking about me instead of someone else. Someone else might take it personal! <LOL> Sorry that I couldn't be at the Probro. Let me know when you guys do one closer to me and I'll see if I can make it.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Kevin, nice to see you back on here again!

Any plans to bring back some of your old kits?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

I'd love to get my hands on a PBXL kit. I've flown a PBF for several years and saw Gator dredge up the PBXL on the PB site.
Mark me down for one if you get back to kitting them.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Kevins_RC

Really have no interest nor the time to go back into the kitting business. Besides, there is so very few people that actually build these days that I don't think that it is worth going back into the kitting business, and I have no interest in going to China to get ARFs done.
Kevin

ORIGINAL: Dave McDonald

Kevin, nice to see you back on here again!

Any plans to bring back some of your old kits?
Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Kevins_RC

I think that I have a few PBXLs in a closet. If you want me to look, I'll check and let you know. I'm sure that we can work something out.
Kevin

ORIGINAL: ThumbSkull

I'd love to get my hands on a PBXL kit. I've flown a PBF for several years and saw Gator dredge up the PBXL on the PB site.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

ORIGINAL: Kevins_RC

I think that I have a few PBXLs in a closet. If you want me to look, I'll check and let you know. I'm sure that we can work something out.
Kevin

ORIGINAL: ThumbSkull

That would be awesome.

Full kit, Short kit, or plans and a manual would be fine. I'm not afraid to scratch one out.

Thanks for the offer Kevin,

Mike
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM
ceciljohnson
My Feedback: (4)

i would love to have a copy of the plans can anyone post or send me a copy,,,

thank you
cecil.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
ceciljohnson
My Feedback: (4)

i would love to have a copy of the plans can anyone post or send me a copy of the files i live to scratch build.

thank you
cecil.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.