Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Hot Hots

Old 01-03-2002, 02:42 AM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hot Hots

I have just ordered my Hot Hots long kit with a Rossi .45 from Morris Hobbies. I think this really may be a Hot Hots. Any one interested in the kit drop me a line, LEE
Old 01-03-2002, 01:35 PM
wynterhwk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Hots

Hi Lee

Is this the same plane that was featured in RCM recently? I was admiring the lines of that plane. Looks like it will build up pretty fast and true. How much was the kit? What is included?
Old 01-03-2002, 08:37 PM
LeeU

Default Hot Hots

wynterhwk,
Yes it is the airplane on the cover of the Jan 02 RCM. The long kit is $109.00 and if you buy the Rossi at th same time Morris Hobbies will reduce the price of the Rossi by $10.00, you can buy a short kit with laser cut bulkheads,ribs and fuselage parts etc.. and you supply every thing else. I think the long kit is a good deal as you get every thing except the radio and covering plus if you buy the motor they include the motor mount as well. If built light the airplane could come close to a 1/1.5 power to weight ratio, could make it a real "Hot Hots". My kit was sent out yesterday so I will post a message when I get it and let you know what I think. Lee
Old 01-04-2002, 03:30 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

Default Hot Hots

This looks like one cool plane!! I hope everyone keeps us posted on how they build and assemble!
Old 01-04-2002, 03:48 AM
LeeU

Default Hot Hots

I sent an email through RCM to the designer Dan Santich asking him why his plane was lighter (3 lbs 6 oz) than the one that Morris Hobbies built ( 5 lbs). Morris Hobbies added wheel pants and layered the covering instead of just overlaping the edges. If one builds clean and covers right I think 3.5 lbs to 4 lbs is easy to do and it is not a profile model.Lee
Old 01-06-2002, 05:06 AM
BIGTOE

Default Hot Hots

Old 01-06-2002, 05:20 AM
LeeU

Default Hot Hots

Is this pic of a Morris profile Hots. Lee