Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Morris Knife Brotherhood >

Morris Knife Brotherhood

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Morris Knife Brotherhood

Old 10-10-2002, 12:59 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morris Knife Brotherhood

FINALLY! I was assembling my knife ARF at the same time Billy Hell and crew were getting theirs ready to go. I had to take a break to move to a different state. I'm finally ready for a maiden voyage with an Irvine .53, stock muffler. I may upgrade to the tower muffler later if needed.

I look foward to joining the Royal Order of the Knife Brotherhood!

QUESTION: What are you guys using to put letters on the bottom of the wing? I've heard some say vinyl shelf paper. If so, do you just trace the letters onto to it?
Old 10-10-2002, 01:32 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Do you mean "Profile Brotherhood"? For lettering I use a local sign shop to make the vinyl for me. If an exact color match is needed, I print them off reversed and trace to the back of the covering and cut my own.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:40 PM
My Feedback: (2)

GT
I do use vinyl shelf paper and it has withstood a lot of air time. You can almost see through it a little bit. I did just print the letters out (the right size) and held them against the vinyl as I cut. It came out great. I applied them with Windex and let them dry in place.
Next time I'll try with Monocote. My next plane with say in BIG letters on the bottom of the wing PRO BRO.
Welcome to the ranks!
Old 10-10-2002, 11:57 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default Billy Hell -- Lets Roll

I went to a sign shop and they cut the letters for me perfectly.
Cost $12 and it was effortless. Mine looks just like BILLY HELL except it says, "LETS ROLL". I thought this would be cool as I attempt to learn to torque roll and it's also motivating from 9/11.

My knife flies kinda "tail down" but I saw in other posts that this is common. It flew a little sluggish at first, so I upped the throws to the recommended levels...no expenential on low rates, 30% on high...much better.

Billy Hell...I used a 12.25 X 3.75 prop with my Irvine .53. I would climb for days, but the transition was a little sluggish. I thought I'd try an 11x4. What prop are you using?

Finally, mine is balanced almost exactly where the manual says...I noticed some of you moved it back...should I move mine back even though it seems to fly with its tail down?
Old 10-11-2002, 01:13 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I running a 13x4 Zinger wood prop on mine. I can't say I can tell a ton of difference but it works well for me. I'm still no hovering champ but it seems to knife edge well. Since I added the Ultrathrust muffler I can't seem to get a decent flat spin anymore. SOOO MUCHHH POWWWWER. On my way in from the field this morning I was thinking of putting the stock muffler back on for a while. When it's time to learn to hover I'll put the Ultrathrust back on. I'd like to try a tower muffler but I don't think they are ever in stock are they?
If you're flying tail low then I'd say you had plenty of weight back there. How does she land? How touchy is she on the ele? I had my topcap tail heavy
5 "3/4 and it wouldn't level out unless you pushed the nose down. I'd try flying inverted and some flat spins. You'll know then how balanced you are. My Duck is just about perfect. I can go inverted and not touch the ele and stay level. I'm going to try and get all my birds to fly like that.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:23 PM

You should be able to go back to 5in. on the CG and have no problems. That is where mine is now. Will be moving mine back further as well.

The Tower Muffler is listed as "in stock, quantities limited" right now. I'm glad mine is on the way (ordered on Monday). I should have it today.