Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Snow Flying!

Old 01-17-2002, 11:40 PM
ckoerner
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Flying!

We finally got some snow. I have a set of ski's on my Thunder Tiger Fun fly. This is the first time I flew with ski's on. It's pretty cool doing touch and go's. A little cold though.

Old 01-18-2002, 01:28 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Default Snow Flying!

That looks great. I really like the checkerboard on the wings.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Balsa Duster

Default Snow Flying!

That Looks Really cool!

I just put Skis on my over powered duraplane, but The stupid snow melted before i had a chance to fly it :angry: grrr
o well it will snow again

by!!
Old 01-24-2002, 04:56 PM
ckoerner

Default Snow

Ours just melted the other day. 50 deg. here. Odd for January. Middle 50's this weekend and possibly 60. I guess I will have to take them off. Then we will propbably get snow. I've had them on all winter and have only had a couple of days with snow.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:52 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice plane

I also live in Ill. and the weather while very windy is warm and not very good for planes with skis. Hang in there I hear it's going to snow this coming week. PS: Put on your wheels and enjoy the warm stuff while it lasts! Mike
Old 01-27-2002, 02:11 PM
Chris 540
My Feedback: (3)

Default Snow Flying!

AWESOME!! How did you do those checkers??
Old 01-27-2002, 04:46 PM
ckoerner

Default Checkers

Pretty easy. Just make a cardboard template first. Label everyother one. The white monokote is one piece. Iron on the white piece. Cut out the labeled ones. Place the labeled ones on top of the black monokote and trace out with a panel pen. Cut out and iron on. You can use Bolink body wash to wipe off the marker. It is found in the RC car section.
Craig
Craig's Page
Old 01-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Timbersnake

Default Snow Flying

Hello All...
Flew off of snow for the first time yesterday. Put a set of skis (from Ebay) on a Thunder Tiger Fun51. Plane is powered by OS 25 FX. Hot little motor. First flight, didn't have collars tight enough and a bounce on takeoff spun the right ski so that the tip pointed down....Doh! Anyway, flew it around forever...finally brought it in, tried to hit the engine kill switch, thought I had it killed, dropped flaperon, and flared....turns out the engine hadn't died...ran out of elevator and ski touched. Ground looped the 51 and busted the prop. It was the only 9/5 I had with me...The next smallest prop I had was a 10/6. What the heck...tightened everything up, bolted on the 10/6 and flew it 3 more times! The 25 turned the 10/6 at 10500 (tached it)...amazing...slower transitions, and I certainly prefer running the 9/5 which turns at around 14000...Terrific plane, hot motor, a flat winged blast to fly!
Tracy
Old 01-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Timbersnake

Default Snow Flying

Hello All...
Flew off of snow for the first time yesterday. Put a set of skis (from Ebay) on a Thunder Tiger Fun51. Plane is powered by OS 25 FX. Hot little motor. First flight, didn't have collars tight enough and a bounce on takeoff spun the right ski so that the tip pointed down....Doh! Anyway, flew it around forever...finally brought it in, tried to hit the engine kill switch, thought I had it killed, dropped flaperon, and flared....turns out the engine hadn't died...ran out of elevator and ski touched. Ground looped the 51 and busted the prop. It was the only 9/5 I had with me...The next smallest prop I had was a 10/6. What the heck...tightened everything up, bolted on the 10/6 and flew it 3 more times! The 25 turned the 10/6 at 10500 (tached it)...amazing...slower transitions, and I certainly prefer running the 9/5 which turns at around 14000...Terrific plane, hot motor, a flat winged blast to fly!
Tracy
Old 02-14-2002, 02:25 AM
funfly2005

Default servos

Where did you mount your servos on it. Some say on the top.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:00 PM
ckoerner

Default Servos

On mine I just mounted the wing upside down since it is symetrical. I like the appearence with the servos on the bottom.
Thanks,
Craig
Craig's Page