Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Flew My Flip3d Today!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Flew My Flip3d Today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 02:50 PM
tailspnr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flew My Flip3d Today!!!!

Jeff, Havent gone out yet. I hear your field might be under water right now.........why dont you come on over to our field and you can get your hands on the Flip today. Im gonna bring the Magic with me too.

Today will be its maiden voyage!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 05:13 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

What time? I am just around the house today with the inlaws. I am not sure our field is under water or not, have not checked but the river is high. I do not have a transmitter right now, I sent it in for a yearly checkup and have not got it back yet. The ecstasy is ready again, if I only had a transmitter. My cell is 207-6294 Jeff.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:01 AM
tailspnr

Well the Zinger 14x4 seemed to be a good prop.....and then a harrier landing resulted splinters for my 14" Zinger.

Man this is gonna be a great plane from what I can tell so far. I had a little trouble in the begining with the YS in the air but managed to tweak it out finally on the low end. Once I did, and was able to enjoy the flights, it was a BALL!!!!! Holy s*** at the waterfalls......tighter than anything Ive ever flown....and dead on.....5 or 6 consecutive waterfalls were too easy. I cant wait to see what else this thing will do.

I only flew the Flip today with the Zinger 14x4 (quit flying after I busting it on the runway) and vertical performance was good....not great but good. I was hovering solid at 1/2 throttle and when more throttle was applied it pulled out good.......again not great but good. Hopefully this will improve after further break-in and maybe the APC 14x4w. I can tell that this is going to be an awsome hovering down low kinda plane once Im confident in the motor. Just gotta not get too low and too cocky with it before Houston!!!

Jeff, Gary M. and Joe R. showed up just after you left and helped me with the YS.....thank goodness!!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 05:47 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default Dude.er

Let it wrap out a little for a few tanks....try a 13X6 for a few tanks then give the 14" props a whirl. I bet it'll get friendly.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:57 PM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Dude.er

Originally posted by ChuckAuger
Let it wrap out a little for a few tanks....try a 13X6 for a few tanks then give the 14" props a whirl. I bet it'll get friendly.
So what your saying is its a good idea to break the motor in with a smaller prop than you plan to use? I do that to my 2 strokes but i just got my first 4 stroke yesterday and have no clue.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-02-2003, 06:20 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Glad to hear it ran better, maybe the problem was me if it ran better after I left LOL. Jeff
Old 03-03-2003, 01:09 PM
tailspnr

ChuckAuger, It's already getting friendly my friend! Im still running her down on the rich side and she's hovering good and pulling vertical good. I just had a problem in the beginning where she would crap out after running for a few minutes. The odd thing was that I tried running the Wildcat 20/20 in my Magic with the TT.42 and she did the very same thing. So I went back to the Wildcat 15% in the Magic and it straightened RIGHT up. So then a few guys showed up that where more familier with the 4-strokes and YS's and I got the help I needed. It turned out to be all at the bottom end.... once we had that adjusted properly I never had an issue with it.

Im real confident that once she's broken-in good she's gonna get even friendlier!!!!

Ofcourse then again it could have just been that Jeff W. left!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 01:22 PM
tailspnr

ChuckAuger, It's already getting friendly my friend! Im still running her out on the rich side and she's hovering good and pulling good vertical. I just had a problem in the beginning where she would crap out after running for a few minutes. The odd thing was that I tried running the Wildcat 20/20 in my Magic with the TT.42 and she did the very same thing. So I went back to the Wildcat 15% in the Magic and it straightened RIGHT up. So then a few guys showed up that where more familier with the 4-strokes and YS's and I got the help I needed. It turned out to be all at the bottom end.... once we had that adjusted properly I never had an issue with it.

Im real confident that once she's broken-in good she's gonna get even friendlier!!!!

Ofcourse then again it could have just been that Jeff W. left!!!!