Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Use For Sig somethin extra wing panels

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Use For Sig somethin extra wing panels

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
ed_cook1979
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use For Sig somethin extra wing panels

hey guys i have The wing panels off of My late SSE (Still In perfect shape) and I am concidering scratch buiding a Profile fuse and tail feathers for them, i Got a good idea In how to do the Tail feathers, But i am Short on ideas for the fuse itself, I have thought about a reenforced foam type (Foam with a stiffening rod and sheeted) or a built up and sandwiched Design (Built up Stick type Sheeted with lite ply or balsa)

Any advice would be helpfull on The matter
Old 07-26-2006, 03:51 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Use For Sig somethin extra wing panels

I think you will find the two lightest methods are sheeted foam (as done on several OMP planes) or stick frame with a carbon or fiberglass rod down the middle for strength, with no sheeting (as done by Swany on the Mojo). The stick framed and sheeted fuse is OK (as done by Morris Hobbies on their profiles), but will not be the lightest or toughest method.

Mark
Old 07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
AeroDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Use For Sig somethin extra wing panels

I agree with Mark. However, I scratch build lots of profiles using the stick and sheeting method. i just enjoy working in that medium. They do come out plenty strong and plenty light. I always use 3/32 balsa for my fuse sheeting and pick the size stick according to the size. For a 40 sized project I would use 1/4 by 3/8 balsa sticks.

Here's a pic of my latest. Flies great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46689.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	497233