Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

So Many--which One

Old 02-06-2002, 09:59 PM
funfly2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Many--which One

I have been looking at one of these fun fly planes for my first kit. Had ARFs and wanta try to build one. Which one do you suggest, the knife, topcap,fazer, or the fun 51. I hear AWESOME stuff about all of these planes and just wanted an opinion. Which one hovers the best. And how do they all fly. Just need some suggestions.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2002, 10:21 PM
tbzep

It's according to what aspect of the plane that is most important to you.

The Fazer has got to be the easiest kit to build of all time, but the Morris kits are a box of sticks.

Morris kits probably have the greatest agility, but the others mentioned are very good too, especially if some minor mods are made.

The Fazer and Fun 51 have the best price...got my Fazer for $45 and the Fun 51 is about the same. Morris kits are expensive especially considering they are a box full of sticks.

As far as hovering, I hear the Morris Su-do-khoi is one of the better ones without going to planes built especially for hovering. Morris has several kits, each that has different areas that they excel.

Tim
Old 02-06-2002, 10:27 PM
luvtofly-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I just finised a fun 51. It has an enya 50 on it and it will hover at half throttle. for 45.00 I think its a great deal. The kit built easy and has all hardware except feul tank and wheels. Hope this helps. Brian
Old 02-07-2002, 12:42 AM
funfly2005

What about that extra special?
Old 02-07-2002, 02:09 AM
Foamguy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any experience with the Fun-51, but I do have some Morris and Fazer experience. Probably the Morris in stock form is more maneuverable than the stock Fazer, well ok, there is no doubt really. However, Morris planes might not be the best choice for your first kit. Especially when it comes to routing the pull/pull tubes.

I'd have to recommend the Fazer. It's easy to build, flies great, and would be a good way to get your feet wet in funfly planes.

Good luck !

Foamguy
Old 02-07-2002, 02:13 AM
rrpech
My Feedback: (22)

Default Go Fazer

I would have to go with the fazer as your first FunFly. Put Mine together in 2 nights. I can almost hover mine with a Plain 40.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:32 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

The Fazer is a great first fun fly plane.... I built mine in a week including covering, radio and engine installation..... I'm now able to hover it with a BB 46... But I learned to hover on the Wasp. It will also flat spin and other 3D tricks.... I still fly it today...

You might also check out the Sirex Wasp for a good first fun fly... It is easier to hover that anyother fun fly I've flown..... It's also an easy build... let the 2 days to get it framed up.... You can buy the lazer pack pretty cheap....

My Fazer:

My Wasp:
Old 02-07-2002, 09:23 PM
funfly2005

Has anyone flown the Magic 3d just want some opinions on that?
Old 02-07-2002, 10:13 PM
FIVESQUARE
Banned

Default Fun Fly

The Sudukohi ARF is a fun airplane.
Mine has a 46fx.....
If you decide on this airplane......contact me first...I have some tips that will keep you flying...
Good Luck on your choice.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:25 AM
vertigo
My Feedback: (1)

Default which one?

If this is your first funfly and learning to hover is your main interest the Knife IMO would be the best choice. Morris Hobbies also claims it is their best hoverer. The best choice for all around funfly fun the Sudokhoi or Topcap are hard to beat.