Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Mojo or Burrito?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 PM
R C Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojo or Burrito?

Right now, I have a spare TT 46 pro laying around, and want to take the leap into 3D, I hear the mojo and the burrito are excellent planes, but which one would be best to start out on?

Thanks for the help

Jack

(PS this will be my first kit so, )
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 PM
YNOT

Default RE: Mojo or Burrito?

Mojo
Old 11-16-2006, 10:48 PM
XJet
Banned

Yep, what he said: Mojo.

Easy to fly, capable of just about all the 3D you'll want for a long time, and ultra-tough.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:22 PM
romanrc

For learn hover Burrito
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 PM
TCrafty

I know some guys who have Mojos and love them. I have a Burrito and think that it flies great. Everything I've heard is that the Burrito is more stable if you are trying to learn how to hover. I'd have to agree that it is pretty stable. You can do more with the Mojo but if you're learning 3D, the ceiling of what you are capable of isn't your concern, it's the beginning level and ease of use. My vote, Burrito.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:45 PM
georgec

I would start out with a Burrito and get get a Mojo next. Both fly great but the Burrito is easier to learn with.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:00 AM
R C Jack

So it's 3 for the burrito, and 2 for the mojo. Personally. I think I am fast learner (dad attributes it to playing video games non stop), so learning 3D won't be hard, I just want/need the capability to do each maneuver. Also, I want to do hovering, lots and lots of hovering...
Old 11-18-2006, 12:36 AM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: R C Jack

So it's 3 for the burrito, and 2 for the mojo. Personally. I think I am fast learner (dad attributes it to playing video games non stop), so learning 3D won't be hard, I just want/need the capability to do each maneuver. Also, I want to do hovering, lots and lots of hovering...
Well, either one will fly well and be easy to handle in general. After all, they both have lots of wing and are very light. Throttle back and they will be easier to handle than a trainer and land slower. The Burrito is a bit easier to build with it's hershey bar wing, the Mojo will be more capable of the more advanced maneuvers and looks much better to my eye. Note, I haven't built either one (yet), but I just pulled out my Mojo kit tonight and laid the plans out on the board to breathe a bit before starting in on the build. It is going to be a weekend build project! There is simply nothing there to worry about. If you have a bit of patience and a flat building board, you will not have any problems with it. The instructions are pretty detailed for a cottage industry kit (Paul does not have the resources of Great Planes, for instance) and it looks like they assume this is one of the first planes you have ever built. Congrats on choosing to build, too. It is SO much more rewarding flying an aircraft that you built with your own hands. The first time it flies you will get a rush stronger than the first time you soloed. If you run into problems, this forum and the kit building one can answer almost any question you could have. Just ask away...

So I guess my vote is for the Mojo, as well.

Mark
Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 PM
R C Jack

Thanks for the uplifting words Mark. I think I will go for the Mojo, it makes more sense to just bulid/buy just one, when the Mojo will do the job (plus money is tight on a 9th graders budget). I think I am going to order it right now...

Thanks for everyone's help,

Jack
Old 11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
R C Jack

Which servos would be better for the mojo, Futaba S3001s, or the HS 425BB?

Thanks for the help,

Jack
Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 AM
XJet
Banned

HS425BBs and S3001s are pretty similar in specification but it's been my experience that the 425s are a bit "tighter" in respect to their gears and output shaft -- ie: less slop and wiggle. They're also around $5 cheaper, if price is a factor.

All my servos (apart from some S3010s) are Hitec and they've been good, dependable units so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. On the other hand, most of my fellow club-members use Futabas and have no complaints -- so just go with whichever is cheaper or more convenient.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:36 AM
uragano47812

Ok i post here because i want to buy my first Profile plane. Well this is my story: 15years ago i was doing aeroplane models, after a break of 5 years i restart with RC hobby but with helicopter and now i can fly quite well with a 90 heli. Today i decide to retry also with plane and i tested that i can easily fly with aeroplane like 15years ago with TX in mode1 (with heli i use mode2), so i'm here to ask you which profile to buy.

I was oriented to Katana70 v2 but ineed a engine. I have at home a supertigre 45GS so i decided that it will be enough for a mojo or better for a Burrito.

In your opinion is better Burrito or Mojo with ST45 engine for my first profile?

Another question i'm italian so i don't understand what the Scratch Builders Plans is for Burrito?

Let me know thanks