Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Props YOU like?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 02:50 AM
NavyFlyer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props YOU like?

Well.. I am about to order some new props..

I've got a stock of 11x3's and 11x4's... I'm going to be running these on .46 fx's, TT 46 Pro's and Webra .50's... I need some 12's..

I'm thinking 12.25x3.75 (always heard the rants and raves about this prop) and some 12x4's and some 12x3's..

Any other choices?? Probably gonna order a few macs pipes too

THanks

jeff
Old 02-09-2002, 04:14 AM
YNOT

Default PROPS

The 12.25-3.75 works very well. Also try the APC 11.5-4W. The W is for wide.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:02 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Good Question

It sounds like you have a stock of APC props. They are good and certainly have their place. The prop will most times depend on the type of flying, the plane, the wind that day and the engine. For instance, when I take my Knife to the field it goes with about 8 to 10 props from 10x5 thru 12.25x3.75 This particular plane has an old and tired MVVS on it. On a windy day I'll use an 10X5 APC to keep some penetration and also to let the engine spool up quicker if need be for corrections. Since the wind hampers hovering and tail dragging, this prop works in those conditions. If it's on the calm side, I'll throw on a wooden 11X4 to do some hovering and harrier type stuff. Spool up time is even quicker and with some appropriate expo on the throttle, small increments of throttle can mean the difference between climbing out of and staying in a hover. The 12.25 APC on a tired engine just doesn't give me the cushion and quick response time I like when power is needed in a hurry. I will always prefer quick response over a bigger prop. I can make up the difference in flying the plane. What works for me is as simple as just give the plane what it wants. Props are the only thing we have to change the transmission ratio so to speak on our models. Try a bunch of different props. You might be surprised_Bob
Old 02-10-2002, 10:06 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Props YOU like?

I have really good luck with the 11.5 x 4 prop from the TT 46. Sometimes I run a 11 x 5 prop when it gets a little warmer outside...