Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Bad Suppliers

Old 02-26-2003, 07:27 PM
DonH21
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Suppliers

Originally posted by Balsageek
Someone needs to find a 3rd grader to tutor them on grammar and punctuation... Not to mention coherent sentences...
Was this really necessary?
Old 02-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Balsageek

Default Bad Suppliers

Was this really necessary?
It was about as necessary as your post!!! Except I didn't name names :boxing:
Old 02-26-2003, 08:15 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Default Bad Suppliers

I think a post intended to notify us of potentially dishonest or non-customer focused companies is appropriate.

There have been quite a few "shots" here that were not in order.

I can't say who was being honest here, but that does not mean I'll call either of them a liar.

It was a concerning problem to read about, and I personally appreciate the post. Maybe some of the "jabs" could have been avoided.

This is just an opinion here guys.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Default so this must be the end of it

bocciol,You posted this thread to get opinions and support in your dilemma. To just blow off the kit now, after everyone's been waiting for good fortune on your behalf is ,,,,,,,ummm,,,,,,its,,,,,,,hell you know it isn't right. If your gonna cut off your nose to spite your face, next time don't wast our time.You know that kit is a winner,don't be a Weiner. build it and fly it, show that your the bigger guy, get over the frustration.There are guys reading this thread that would love to have that kit and cant afford one so please suck it up and post your building progress and flying experiences with your new plane. Buz^ PS. GUY'S I worked with two guy's from jersey,when they were pissed, not one word that came from their mouths could I understand. so I'M for cutting bocciol some slack.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:39 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Bad Suppliers

I'll take the source of your pain off your hands mr. Bocciol..... Just ship that kit to me and you won't be vulnerable to suffering anymore.....
Old 02-26-2003, 09:45 PM
CafeenMan

Default Bad Suppliers

[king solomon]

I've decreed that the parts in the kit shall be evenly divided between all posters in this thread.

[/king solomon]

PS. can someone post a link to that kit, please, because I have no idea what it is?
Old 02-26-2003, 09:49 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Bad Suppliers

Here ya go:

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/ff540p.html
Old 02-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Mark Shope
My Feedback: (2)

Default Bad Suppliers

Bocciol, Wanna make a trade ?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:19 PM
CafeenMan

Default Bad Suppliers

Originally posted by PaulSwany
Here ya go:

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/ff540p.html
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:22 AM
therotund1

Default Bad Suppliers

Build it! It ought to be very cool!

Put your feelings aside, It's tough, I know. After all you've gone through, it will put a total and complete "period" at the end for closure. Besides, It ought to be very cool!

Whatever you decide, this has not been a waste of time. I appreciate the concern and courage to "air" this problem.

My father told me once, "Keep your chin up! It gives the next guy a better swing at it!" LOL

C-YA!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:55 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

It's a heck of a plane. Build it, trade it, or sell it, but don't scrap it out to make something less.

The kit didn't do anything wrong.

Again, I appreciate you informing the public about the problem. I have been very "informative" in similar fashion in the past. I think it's part of what this forum is intended for.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Stargazer
My Feedback: (3)

Default Bad Suppliers

I just read this thread and I want to chime in here for OMP, I recently purchased a kit from them and at the time they did not have the GS in stock but they said they knew that one of the team Futaba guys had a complete kit and might part with it. THEY made the calls, THEY worked the deal and I got the kit within a week, Now I call that GREAT Customer service! I'd do business with them again in a heartbeat, any time.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:15 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Default Bad Suppliers

I also will put my two cents worth out for OMP. I met these folks at the WRAM show in New York. They were great guys to work with and even though it was very crowded they took the time to answer all my questions. As a result I purchased the 80" profile edge from them at the booth. I sent an e-mail to them late last night asking about carbon fiber landing gear. I had at reply by 9am today. I will continue to send my business to them in the future. Stand up guys in my opinion!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:34 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

I have heard some real good things about OMP, but I don't think OMP did anything wrong here. FedEx lost a box that was purchased from Ultimate RC, right? OMP is just the manufacturer and seemed to be trying to help it get straightened out.

If anyone is to blame, I'd say FedEx (they lost it) followed by Ultimate RC (they shipped it and should have fixed the problem ASAP). I do not know how long this type of claim should have taken to straighten out, but OMP seemed to be caught in the middle, with their name on the line. Then, of course, there is the upset customer caught as well.

Maybe it just takes a month to handle this kind of thing.

Does anyone know for sure what is the expected delay with a missing package from FedEx? Is 4 to 5 weeks average or extreme?
Old 02-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default Bad Suppliers

FedEx recently lost a package my neighbor sent. They told him 90 days.

I'm sure that neither OMP nor Ultimate R/C has been reimbursed for the lost package yet. They probably won't ever be reimbursed, because the records say the package was delivered to the customer's door. Kudos to OMP for bending over backwards and taking it up the you-know-what to try to appease an unappeasable customer.

Sorry, but it's neither Ultimate R/C's nor OMP's fault, if the FedEx tracking says the package was delivered and it's not there. Why should you have to pay for it, but in the same breath, why should they?
Old 02-27-2003, 08:42 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

Good point...
Old 02-27-2003, 10:19 PM
latch66

Default Bad Suppliers

Originally posted by TailTwister

Maybe it just takes a month to handle this kind of thing.

Does anyone know for sure what is the expected delay with a missing package from FedEx? Is 4 to 5 weeks average or extreme?
TailTwister,

I haven't dealt with Fed Ex loosing a package, but I have gone to war with UPS on many occasions.

I imagine Fed Ex's procedures are similar to UPS'

The bottom line:
There is a minimal time which the package must be "overdue or misdelivered" before it is considered "lost". After that time they start looking for the package. After that time, then they try to fix the problem.

My similar situation with UPS.
Package sent from Tower Hobbies.
Package made it to Memphis, TN (2 hours away from me)!
Package "missing"

Contact UPS: told by UPS package is lost and shipper must claim lost to start claim.

Contact Tower: Tower contacted UPS and UPS told them the package wasn't lost.

Contacted UPS AGAIN: told by UPS package is lost and shipper must claim lost. I told UPS that the shipper (Tower) had contacted them and that they (UPS) said it wasn't lost.

Contacted Tower again: gave them specific person at UPS to contact. Package confirmed lost and claim process started.

Package finally gone long enough to have tracer put on it.
Package found in California once it finally arrived there.

Package sent from California to me.

Package missing literally 1/2 its contents.

Contacted Tower and they shipped immediately the missing contents.

Total Time for this fiasco: 4 weeks

The cliff notes version:
Package lost.
UPS looked foolish
Tower did a great job and have a happy customer.
It still took a month to sort this fiasco out.

Most of my problems have been with the shipping company and not the shipper.

Just for me, UPS has:
1 lost package
3 misdelivered packages

All this in the past 3 years.

I am definitely NOT happy with UPS!
Old 02-28-2003, 12:10 AM
CafeenMan

Default Bad Suppliers

I've had problems with UPS too. They won't leave anything at the door even though I specifically ask them to. So when they leave a delivery notice, I call them and ask them to hold it.

Then I make it very clear that I want to contact the local office because it is an hour drive from where I live. They refuse to give me the number and EVERY time they have not taken the package off the truck.

Last time I raised hell and told them to deliver it to me when I get home after work. They told me the usual, "We can't guarantee a delivery time."

I said, 'You wouldn't have to if you had taken the package off the truck like you agreed to. So either you pay for my gas to make a second trip out here or you deliver the package when I am home. You should pay the consequences of your mistakes instead of trying to weasel out of it.'

They didn't like that too much, but a manager at the local office drove the package out to me that night after the drivers got back.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:10 AM
therotund1

Default Bad Suppliers

I've had several "lost ones" over the years with UPS. latch is right on the money with his description. It seems that the freight companies make it almost impossible to get a promt settlement between the shipper and the shippee. As I said earlier, they arent one of us as a rule and don't care. It's sad.

I too agree with mkirsch. Ultimate and OMC will probably not recieve the value they will file a claim for. There's that line on the UPS manifest that asks if you want insurance, and if a stated value is not put on it, there's a maximum $100 liability they will pay. Fed Ex is similar I'm sure.

So, $60.00 x 2, plus $9.50 freight x 1(the first kit) = $129.50 . These prices are based on OMP's site.

That's to say the get reimbersed at all. My dealin's with UPS have not gone so well. If all the I's are dotted and all the T's are crossed, they have a chance. Any loophole and they have an "out" not to pay.

This is making the US Postal Service look better and better. Yeah right!

Most of the time things go smoothly though.

Keep it smooth guys!
Old 02-28-2003, 12:34 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default You guys...

Man you got it easy!!

I sent some airline tickets to some friends via UPS. I screwed up..I just gave them to our shipping clerk.

We send out data packages via UPS every day since we can get the tracking numbers off the computer and it's easy to print off a detail and tell them who signed for the package when they say they didn't get it (It seems to be a common feat to try to swindle extra data packs). Anyway, these don't have a lot of value and they are rarely ever lost.

So I give the tickets to the shipping clerk on a Friday afternoon and tell him just send them them regular. They were just going to Dallas, should get ther Monday anyway.

And of course they got lost. I filed a claim, but the clock was ticking...by the time the finished with their internal investigation... which even included having the driver go to my friends house....it was too late to get anything but the most expensive fare.

But UPS sent me an email saying they would give me credit for replacement cost, so I bought two new sets of tickets..now almost $1K ea set and sent the invoice to UPS.

Now they will only pay $100 it seems..they had made a mistake by telling me they would pay replacement costs. Yeah right.

Well a common package only has $100 worth of insurance. I didn't tell the clerk to insure them for $1000 (what they were worth).

So I was out $1K right off, almost $2K the second time..But I got $100 back!!

LOL could take all the loss and the run around. The part I didn't care for was them lying to me about the replacement cost.

I have shipped every single thing USPS since then with no trouble. Oh yeah..I do buy insurance!
Old 02-28-2003, 12:37 AM
therotund1

Default Bad Suppliers

OUCH!
Old 02-28-2003, 11:45 AM
Rocket
My Feedback: (4)

Default fedex

you know they make up the rules as they go. i was shipping a box to phoenix on 2-14-03, and when the guy at the fedex counter questioned the $3000.00 of insurance i told him the box contained 2 Q40 pylon planes "he had no idea of there value".

he then told me if fedex did'nt deliever the box they were not responsible for the contence. because, if i could not walk up to a STORE SHELF and buy it they would'nt pay. i took my box back to my shop and shipped ups. the second of the two evil's. RR
Old 02-28-2003, 02:13 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

So, I guess it's not only "Buyer Beware", but "Shipper Beware" too!

I am knocking on wood as I type, but I've never lost a package. Knock, Knock, Knock!!!!!!!!

Maybe insurance is worth the money.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:07 PM
bocciol
Banned

Default Bad Suppliers

hi all
anyone want the ribs ,and plans for omp 540 arf i using everything else. also pipe and tube and landing gear. first 75.00 takes it.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:14 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

I'm outta here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.