Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Bad Suppliers

Old 02-19-2003, 01:33 AM
bocciol
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Suppliers

HEY ALL
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF A THAT DON'T CARE. I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A CO THAT WAS TO SEND A KIT.
II NEVER RECEIVE IT. THEY FOUND OUT THAT FED X LOST IT. YHEY MAY A CLAIM NOW ALL THEY DO IS STRING ME ALONG SAYING THE REPLACEMENT IS IN THE MAIL. WHEN ASK FOR TRACKING I'M TOLD
BY EMAIL TO JUST WAIT AND IF IT DOSEN'T COME THAT I SHOULD RAISE A FLAG. UPON RECEIVEING THIS EMAIL TRY TO CALL THEM I LEAVE A MESSAGE NO REPLY. I CALL AND WHEN THEY HEAR MY NAME THEY JUST HANG UP. WELL TONITE I LEFT THEM A MESSAGE. EITHER THEY CALL ME ABOUT THIS MATTER OR I WILL POST THEIR COMPANY ON THIS SITE. MY QUESTION DO YOU GUYS THINK I'M RIGHT WELL A WILL BE LETTING YOU ALL KNOW SOON IF THEY MAKE GOOD. WE ALL GOT TO STICK TOGETHER THANKS FOR LISTENING
Old 02-19-2003, 01:42 AM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Default WOW!

WASITAFUNFLYPLANEDIDTHE*******SGETYOURCAPLOCKKEYTO O??
Old 02-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Balsageek

Default Bad Suppliers

IFYOUTURNYOURCAPSLOCKOFFSOMEONEMIGHTACTUALLYREADTH EDAMNTHINGANDREPLY. But since it's hard to read with THE CAPS LOCK ON. nObOdY wAsTeS tHeIr tImE!!
Old 02-19-2003, 04:13 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Bad Suppliers

bocciol
I think you did the right thing....I'll watch this thread to see if your threat pays off.....I'd rather you get your plane though....Gator
Old 02-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default Bad Suppliers

Whatever happen to service? Most companies of today have lost sight of their customer base, and forget that they are a service company. If they don't provide the service as promised, then why do we as customers support them? I am a customer, as well as my company provides a service and product. When I receive an order, I acknowledge receipt of the order, and a I send out the UPS tracking number with a link to the customer. As a customer, I don't think that this is too much to ask, thence I do the same for my customers. You always see where people have had problems with a specific supplier, and you always will have some issues (can't please everyone - all the time), though they should be kept to a minimum, yet we keep going back to that same supplier. We should support each other. 'United we have clout and we'll be heard, separated - we are but a single voice drifting in the wind'.
Kevin
Old 02-19-2003, 03:51 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Bad Suppliers

I definately think you should hold their feet to the fire.... They have your money... You don't have the product as promised. If they don't come thru, I think posting a "buyer beware" message is appropriate and prudent.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:28 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

I'd say post it. Call and give a deadline, then post if they fail again. Just be factual, but nice, we don't want let anger stand in the way of this information. I, for one, would appreciate knowing the name. For all I know at this point, they have products on my wish list.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default How about bad customers!

Fellow flyers,

I have been waiting to reply to this and most know I generally don't get on a soap box unless I feel it's prudent. The company in question is OMP and Ultimate RC (a dealer for us). Remember there are always two sides to a story and OMP has nothing to hide behind, including email. So since Mr. Larry Boccio decided to start this thread, I will certainly set the record straight.

Mr Boccio ordered a kit from Ultimate RC of which was shipped promptly. Mr Boccio calls Ultimate RC some time later demanded the whereabouts of his kit. Upon investigating with FedEx, the kit was recorded as delivered to his door! First action was to investigate further with FedEx as well as with local authorities as a possible theft might have occured. FedEx finally tracked the driver down and it appeared they he have delivered it to the wrong address but this was not completely confirmed. FedEx was not totally convinced but being the superb company they are offered to honor the claim as well as ship a new kit for free.

During all this Mr. Buccio repeatedly called at all hours including the night and complained quite profusely including the use of much profanity.

Both OMP nor Ultimate RC at this point wanted anything to do with this type of customer and offered Mr. Buccio a full refund. However he declined and a new kit was shipped and a tracking number provided.

So that's the entire story and as always OMP has an open door policy to our customers. Many of you have personally talked with me before and know we do everything we can to help our fellow modelers. But one must draw the line somewhere and we have no desire to do business with folks who use profanity over the phone instead of professional common courtesy.

Mr. Buccio, I hope you receive the new kit soon and are satisfied with the product. I feel it's the best funfly out there and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Mike Pilkenton
Old 02-19-2003, 05:42 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

bocciol-
I hang up on people who swear at me too.

It sounds like they gave you what you wanted. What does the tracking info say? What is the E.T.A.?
Old 02-19-2003, 05:43 PM
TERMAGATOR

Default Bad Suppliers

well said Mike...thanks for clearing the air....Gator
Old 02-19-2003, 05:52 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Bad Suppliers

Wow.... I would have hung up on that one too..... Sounds like you guys went the extra mile to work this deal out.... Maybe someone needs to take a chill pill.....
Old 02-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Kevins_RC

Default Bad Suppliers

Mike, it sounds as if you followed up to the best of your ability, and even sounds as if you went the extra mile, and I aplaud you for that, since it is so rare. As you stated, there is always two sides to the story and glad to see that both sides could be expressed here. Hopefully bocciol will get his kit soon and the issue will be closed.
Kevin
Old 02-19-2003, 06:31 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

Maybe instead of saying bad suppliers or bad customers, we can say bad situation, bad communication, or bad FedEx!

Anyway, I hope it works out for the best. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, folks.

I wonder who got the lost kit? I guess I better check my door step... Nope not me, DANGIT!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:37 PM
TERMAGATOR

Default Bad Suppliers

I had a Sledge 540 sitting on my front porch from Jan8th to about feb12th...never knew it was there..luckily my front porch is covered and the kit stayed outta the elements...G
Old 02-19-2003, 06:42 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

If you had a Sledge on your porch for a month without knowing it, I think you've had enough shmoke and too many pancakes!

It's time to cut back dude!

Where did you say you lived? When is your next Morris order due? I was thinking about taking a drive...
Old 02-19-2003, 11:46 PM
bocciol
Banned

Default Bad Suppliers

Hey alll now this is my side. not twenty minutes ago i spoke to the president of omp. this is the first time he has return my calls. he told me he was going to send a kit out tomoorow. thats the first lie he told about myself. next i ben dealing with matt at ultimate this whole time and never had words with him, as matter of fact i just got off the phone with him. if you really want the truth call matt at ultimat. this co. omp would do nothing for me or matt. until i posted the treat thank god for r. universe. guys you don't have to beleive me but i hope that all oll you don't go thru a month like this thanks for all your help larry boccio
Old 02-20-2003, 01:17 AM
CafeenMan

Default Bad Suppliers

All - I had an experience similar to this with an entirely different company. It was not OMP or Superior, and I'm not going to pos the name of the company. This is just to illustrate a point.

I was stationed in Germany when I placed the order in 2001. I specifically said that I needed the order to arrive by a certain date (about a 45 days after placing the order) and would be happy to pay the shipping costs to have it delivered by that time. The time I gave was actually a month before I needed it but sometimes military mail is slow, so I added a little buffer. Usually when ordering from stateside companies, my package arrived in about 2 weeks using priority mail.

Well, you can see where I'm heading with this. The package did no arrive for 4 months and my scheduled leave came and went. Needless to say I was a bit ticked. I called the company and let them know about the situation. I used as much honey as could muster (no swearing or derogatory remarks) and they're response was, "I'm sorry sir, that's our policy."

It was a several hundred dollar order and when it finally arrived, I sent it back, got my refund and haven't ordered from them since. Anyone who quotes "that's our policy" is sure to lose my business because they care more about making a couple dollars than keeping a customer.

Oh, I didn't mention. I payed for priority shipping and they sent it by ground. That meant when it came into the military mail system it became "space available" which meant it sat at JFK airport for months. I didn't know that at the time. I thought they gave some guy a couple bucks to row it across the Atlantic. But now that I think about it, I would have received it sooner if they had done that.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:44 AM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

I guess I'm not sure what the truth really is here. The post from AFSalmos says the kit did ship and a number was provided. Now bocciol says it just shipped today.

It looks like the complaint is about Ultimate RC, right? This all took a month at this point? A month to fix this does seem too much. Am I wrong?

If you paid your money to Ultimate RC, then the burden to fix the mistake is on them, and has nothing to do with OMP.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:11 AM
bocciol
Banned

Default Bad Suppliers

Your right tailtwister if i knew that ultimate wasn't shipping the kit directly i would have not purchase it just a point of fact omp said i receive the shipped on the 4 by fedx well on that day i receive my free wing bags from matt at ultimate from ups. if i was home on that day to get ups order why did fedx leave it at my door. i know the problem is mostly with fed x but i never receive a return call from opm until i posted a threat on rc universe. matt at ultimate has been in contact with me from day one all i got to say is we will see if i get a package from opm went they send me a tracking number i will post it just to show everyone when i get my kit. all i want is what i paid for.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:57 PM
TailTwister

Default Bad Suppliers

Neither UPS nor FedEx ring my doorbell or knock when packages are left here. They assume people are at work all day. I work at night, and I usually hear the truck, or the dog lets me know something is up. I have not lost (had one stolen) a package, which sadly may have happened to you. If a neighbor suddenly has a plane for sale, then you'll know. If you are in a good neighborhood, it may be worth a walk from door to door to find it. I'd say FedEx could have dropped across from you or something. I guess it sounds like FedEx is to blame for a lost package. I don't know how all of it works, but maybe Ultimate and OMP had to wait for them to do somthing. Anyway, it sounds like the plane is on it's way. Maybe at some point, the other one will show up for sale in the paper. I hope you get your plane soon, it is supposed to be a good one.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:21 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default Bad Suppliers

Both OMP and Ultimate RC busted their butts to satisfy Mr Buccio. Foul language was used extensively to both companies as well as left on recorded answering machines numerous times up to and including last night. No company that I know of would do business with customers who speak and act in this manner. I will clarify that a tracking number was provided for the first kit and according to FEdEx, this kit was delivered to Mr Buccio's home address. This can be easily verified through the FedEx website. Ultimate RC and the owner are of the highest quality service and anyone would be priviledged to do business with them. I know I am.

Mr. Buccio, again I wish you the best of luck and as you know, your second kit has been shipped to your work address where receipt will be verified.

Salmon
Old 02-21-2003, 01:45 AM
ChuckAuger

Default Double edged sword...

Originally posted by TailTwister
Neither UPS nor FedEx ring my doorbell or knock when packages are left here. They assume people are at work all day. I work at night, and I usually hear the truck, or the dog lets me know something is up. I have not lost (had one stolen) a package, which sadly may have happened to you. If a neighbor suddenly has a plane for sale, then you'll know. If you are in a good neighborhood, it may be worth a walk from door to door to find it. I'd say FedEx could have dropped across from you or something. I guess it sounds like FedEx is to blame for a lost package. I don't know how all of it works, but maybe Ultimate and OMP had to wait for them to do somthing. Anyway, it sounds like the plane is on it's way. Maybe at some point, the other one will show up for sale in the paper. I hope you get your plane soon, it is supposed to be a good one.
I imagine the same thing could happen if they left the box, the person who was supposed to get it, got it. Then since there was no proof (signature), they could just call and say they never got it.

Two for one special, courtesy of your friendly parcel service.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Jerkey

Default OMP Service

I have to say that OMP was very good to me. Fast delivery, good quality. I ordered both there small and large 540 profiles. I used phone number off there web site to order direct.

Mike
Old 02-21-2003, 02:45 AM
CafeenMan

Default Bad Suppliers

Chuck - I can't say that thought has never crossed my mind when a package is left unattended at my door, but it only takes a slight bit of personal integrity to do the right thing. I hope what you mentioned is not what happened in this case.

I did have an instance where I thought I had not received something I had ordered. The guy I talked to said that it was strange because he had purposely held the order back while waiting for said item to come in so he could include it in the shipment.

Even though he was sure he had shipped it, he shipped a second one. A few days later I found the item that was originally shipped. It was a large order in a single box and I had put that item aside when going through the box and then forgot about it.

After I found it, I called him back and apologized for my error and sent the new item back when it arrived with a check to cover his shipping costs plus a few bucks for his trouble. I sleep at night even though I sometimes have evil thoughts.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:57 AM
ChuckAuger

Default Not to imply...

That that happened in this case...just that it seems like the shipping companies leave themselves wide open by just leaving the goods on the porch..who's to say WHO got it. At least if they left it with a neighbor (which I hate, BTW, but not as much as getting ripped off) there would have to be complicity between two parties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.