Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Profile People and NonProfile People >

Profile People and NonProfile People

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile People and NonProfile People

Old 03-01-2003, 05:32 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile People and NonProfile People

When am I gonna learn? I finish a profile, I'm proud, I'm happy and then I show to a flying buddy. No one I fly with flies profiles so when I bring out my latest pride and joy the most I get is feigned excitement. They try to muster up something to say and then for the 100th time I realize all my friends at the very least hate profiles. They want to know when I'm going to build a real plane.
My theory is they got into RC because of a love for scale planes. For me it's more about flying and what a plane can do. If my planes looked like a toilet seat I would be happy if that's what performed. It function over style for me but the function becomes the style as well. I think profiles are bad ***** looking. I even think my Knife looks cool.
I'm just glad I have RCU and the Pro Bros to ask questions of, show my planes to and tell stories. I sure don't have it locally.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:12 PM

Just be glad you don't build Spads. At least you're in the balsa and Monokote family!
Old 03-01-2003, 07:14 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Yes, I know what you mean.
They weren't impressed with the Gee Wiz Bee?
I thought it looked pretty cool!!

Don

How did your pen Knife turn out? Was it what you expected?
Old 03-01-2003, 07:31 PM
My Feedback: (62)

Default It's Just A Hobby

As long as it's fun to you, keep doing it. Truth of the matter is, your skills will probably improve over most flyers. Next truth is, they probably won't realize it...
Old 03-01-2003, 08:17 PM

Billy, You have to take off, do left hand circuits of the field about 100" up, throw in a loop and a roll, now just one of each ! do some more left hand circuits of the field and land. Make sure you rip the landing gear off or at least break the prop upon landing. Then they will love it.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:23 PM

Hey shope how the crap are ya...champ started his plus and i just wanted to say it looks like another great kit and a good looking plane...look forward to seeing it fly.
Steve
Old 03-01-2003, 08:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I explain it this way.

These are purebred aerobatic machines. They have everything they need to do the job, and nothing more.

Explain it like cars. You don't waste the effort of building a Top Fuel Dragster if you just want to have a Sunday drive around the countryside. Then again, don't get upset when your Lincoln Continental can't do a 4 second quarter mile either.

I hope to always have a kick-butt profile in the stable.

Billy- Your GWB is top of the line work. Don't let the non-profile folk get you down.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Lets see your latest creation.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:18 PM

Hey Billy...I'm gonna send you the memphis newspaper, so you can find a job down here, move the family down.......you fly with us.... we'll drool over your new profile so much....you'll have to beat us back with a stick....Hell Jess will take it from you and show you how it TR's a foot off the deck.....Me and Paul Swany will want to run it thru the wringer.....Jack will have to get in a flt too. And then it a couple weeks you can drool over one of our new profiles.
In a related story.....
.. I bought a spinsation at perry complete with Irvine40 with an header and MVVS muff servos and switch...alls it needed was a battery and rec....but somebody came along the next day and wanted more than me so I let it go...I am getting back the CHROME SUDOKHOI ....GRIN>
Old 03-01-2003, 09:31 PM

I just forget people hate profiles and I'd build 4 or 5 planes and give them away to be able to fly with the folks in Memphis or any of you profile guys on a regular basis.
I don't take it personally. It's like bringing your new girlfriend that was just in Playboy and all the guys say, "When are you going to get a real girlfiend?" Meanwhile they are dating a Senior Telemaster.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:34 PM

Default ..

Here she is Spaceman
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	59405_2779.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	36946  
Old 03-01-2003, 09:53 PM

Billy, I know your fairly new to this sport, an ardent advocate, computer wiz, and great scheme designer/builder. How "far" have you come in the short period you've been doing this flying? As you may or maynot know, I've set a goal to hover this year!( I've only been flyin' for a few years, but just got bitten by the profile bug last year). I was just wondering how you were progressing ( I think that with a lot of determination, and a little ability, one can make strides rather quickly) and if the flight simulation really makes that big of difference?..........Keep advocatin' !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:02 PM

Remeber though Billy..."Different strokes, for different folks" and so on, and so on.......maybe some new people will show up at your field...see how much fun your haveing , and then next thing you know.... you got a whole bunch of new fly'n buds and everybody is flying profiles<GRIN>G
Old 03-01-2003, 10:06 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Default I confess

Years ago I saw a couple of profiles at fun flys and thought they were just about the stupidest looking parody of a "real" plane I'd ever seen.

Now I have two of them and wouldn't hesitate to build another, or recommend them to others.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:26 PM

Gator - I hear you. I actually like think Sr. Teles are cool and remeber I still own a scale Bucker!

I'm by no means a great flyer but I'm happy with where I'm at for now. I have just started hovering and with the days and weeks I have spent on RF hovering everything as small as I can get them I'm excited to get out there with the Knife/PenKnife and GWB and see what I can do. My goal was to be able to hit the field, unload, fly the crap out my plane and land. So far so good. Now it's on to the Gator stuff.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:34 PM

so did you fly that GWB today?....G
Old 03-01-2003, 10:50 PM

You forget. Broken shoulder. I can't even mount my engine on it yet. I did finish all the pull pull on it with my bad wing though.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:56 PM

oh yeh, I forgot you had a bad wheel....tell you what I'll do..I'll come up fly it for you...which shoulder did you break?, maybe we could tuck a buddy box in your sling and let you get some stick time<GRIN>....G
Old 03-02-2003, 01:54 AM

Here is our tables at Perry...we only sold the Cub....the Protwister in the Pics belongs to a buddy and it sold also.....G
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	59447_7876.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	36947  
Old 03-02-2003, 04:11 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Billy, Sorry to hear about your shoulder. What happened? On the subect matter......Most everybody that I see that dont like profiles are the ones that dont fly up to the profiles pars. You know...The ones that round robin all the time... I say the heck with em!! I wish I had 50 more!!...John
Old 03-02-2003, 05:00 AM

Default beauty

I think profile planes have what I call "FUNCTIONAL BEAUTY"
Old 03-02-2003, 05:12 AM

Gator
You should send a list of the planes didn't sell to the Pro Bro mailing list. I bet we would snap them up!

I broke it trying to keep my boots clean for a meeting. I jumped from the drive way to the sidewalk and my foot went out from underneath me on the side walk. I drove my arm (and all 190lbs of me) into my shoulder blade. I even got to hear it break!
Old 03-02-2003, 05:17 AM

I bet you could hear that sound that night when you laid down couldnt ya???.......I tell ya what you should do. Build yourself a PBF and you'll have a flat plane in both dimensions.....Then go to the field and offer to let everybody else fly it.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:23 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Duuuuude!!~! Your stuff rocks!!! You can come down anytime so we can drool on your stuff...... But watch for Jess... He'll come up behind you and steal the controls right out of your hands!! Then he'll sit and TR your beloved bird right on the deck mere feet from your face!!! Then he'll laugh maniacally.... then say... "Wish you could do that, huh??!!!"
Old 03-02-2003, 05:26 AM

Id like to see that...with someone elses plane of course........John

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.