Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
BA-Koi ready for test flights >

BA-Koi ready for test flights

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

BA-Koi ready for test flights

Old 03-19-2003, 10:46 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BA-Koi ready for test flights

Thought I would post a picture of my latest creation which is actually the test bed for a future kit. I called it the BA-Koi due to the fact that it uses a modified su-di-koi fuse. I went with a straight wing, longer tail moments, larger control surfaces. The point was to find a happy medium of the funflys available. I am looking for great tumbling, very slow flight without tip stalling, as well as knife edgeing and of course hovering and torque rolling. I will post a flight report when the weather breaks.. BAD ANDY
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	64082_11358.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	39308  
Old 03-19-2003, 02:44 PM
My Feedback: (2)

look good BA....G
Old 03-19-2003, 08:14 PM
My Feedback: (26)

Looks nice. I would like to hear flight reports too. Looks to me like the wing section looks thinner than the typical profile?
Old 03-21-2003, 02:44 AM

Default weather permitting

weather permitting tomorrow, I will get the first flights in. Calling for t-storms off and on tomorrow but I have got to get this one in the air. BAD ANDY
Old 03-22-2003, 11:53 PM

Default this is a keeper and a kitter

I was able to fly the BA-KOI today and what a blast. Rock solid flight. This is a go where you point it plane. Knife edges are so easy it should be a law against it. Maiden flight had iverted flat spins which seemed to rotate around the prop nut, very tight and slow. Upright flats where the same. Very low inverted passes and continuous low and slow inverted flight. Some of the tightest inside and outside loops. Very tight and controllable rudder turns. Tried to hover but missed the engine offset. I started at 3 degrees right thrust and took it to 3.5. The longer tail moments and control surface changes really set this design on fire. I then let Doug (STOMPER) Sterling take the BA-KOI for a flight and he was shocked as well as how stable of a airplane this is. Building 2 more real soon. Another for me and 1 for STOMPER. Have a good one, BAD ANDY
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	64912_11358.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	39309  
Old 03-23-2003, 05:07 AM
My Feedback: (45)

Cool Duuude... Nice job!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 01:05 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Default YO DUDE

NO mention of the NEW PBF biplane? Just try and image how much better that BA Koi will be with a working JR radio in her! I think i heard Ira say something about that

Doug
Old 03-23-2003, 02:15 PM

Default yea yea yea

Stomper--you and your JR radios did have a good day at the feild yesterday and yes I have already posted in the radio room my problems from yesterday afternoon. SSSHHEEEESSSSHHH, twist a knife when a man is down and out with radio problems.. Later on, BAD ANDY
The pbf bibe shows promise and yes it does fly and is the most stable pbf in inverted flight I have yet to fly- Did I mention that that is a mvvs 49 on the nose of the pbf bipe? BAD ANDY