Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
OMP GS540P...flew it today!! >

OMP GS540P...flew it today!!

Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

OMP GS540P...flew it today!!

Old 03-24-2003, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP GS540P...flew it today!!

Just got my Edge finished Sunday and flew it today...flys great...
BME44
full rudder (like the Flip)
one piece elevator..(joined with carbon rod and epoxy)
HS615mg on elevator
HS5625 dig on rudder
HS605's on aielrons

took it up on maiden flight and was hovering, doing waterfalls, elevators and ssslow knife edge passes. With the BME it hovers at 1/4 throttle...climbs fast at full throttle. The only time I dare use full throttle is going verticle. Plane came in at 12 1/4 lbs. Not bad for a 44cc gasser. It does need some right thrust as it tended to pull to the left in verticle positions. Although it didn't build as easy as I thought it was going to, it was worth the effort but that being said if I had known I might have gone with Aeroworks Extra profile for a 100 bucks more and modified it. Guess ya have to build a kit once in a while. Cant let the ARF's COMPLETLY take over. 8^)
Any questions just ask...I would send pics but need somebody to take me by the hand and show me how. Tried it once and it didnt work. I'm still PC ig-or-nunt!

Ron
Old 03-25-2003, 12:31 AM
My Feedback: (4)

e-amil me your pics and I will re-size them for you.
That is generally why they wont post here.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Mine's getting close so I am glad to hear more good words about it! Mine will have a BGX-1 for power, 625's for each elevator half, 4- 625's in the wing , 5945 for rudder and something small for throttle ( maybe a 85MG I have laying around). All framed up and parts dry-fit together- time to glue the center section in tonite. Bought a couple of miles of covering and have my color scheme finalized in my head. I do have to choose control surface horns still and finalize my fuel tank setup. What did you use?

JESTER
Old 03-25-2003, 01:57 PM

Sounds so fun. Mine is close too. Gotta finish covering the fuse and install all the servos, linkages, engine (Moki 2.1) and tank. Snow has been heavy, so I have not been that motivated to finish and besides, I HATE COVERING. I hope this thing flies as well as all the others seem to.

Dale