Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

EF Chinn Yak

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 AM
claytucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF Chinn Yak

funny all the best videos out there are of the chinn yak, even the proyak's video at OMP is just figure 8's in a harrier. Looking for major move up in the 3d, not willing to consider a full build like mojo even the mojo video's I've seen are generally just hovers - suggestions...

I am flying a cougar 2000 with saito 82 - ez to hover - good torque rolls but difficult to knife edge and seems limited on 3d
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...d=4&item_id=46

Not as wild as a CY, but still a popular plane. The 56 is also a great flyer but not in stock at the moment.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Got Primo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euTDSG42IW4
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 AM
JustErik

ORIGINAL: claytucker

funny all the best videos out there are of the chinn yak, even the proyak's video at OMP is just figure 8's in a harrier. Looking for major move up in the 3d, not willing to consider a full build like mojo even the mojo video's I've seen are generally just hovers - suggestions...

I am flying a cougar 2000 with saito 82 - ez to hover - good torque rolls but difficult to knife edge and seems limited on 3d
It's more about the thumbs than it is the plane. Dave's skills are mythical and he could probably 3D a Sig Kadet better than I could 3D my choice of planes. The MoJo is arguably one of the best 3D trainers out there because it is so very predictable and stable in attitudes that most planes don't like to be in. But it's cable of MUCH more than harriers and hovering, believe me. It's not as loose as the Chinn Yak or Primo, but makes a great stepping stone to them. Don't rule it out just yet. And the Sabre 47 mentioned above is another VERY good option, especially if you don't want to build.

Legend speaks of a site with frank discussion and abundant wisdom. Those who seek the grail know where to look.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Legend speaks of a site with frank discussion and abundant wisdom. Those who seek the grail know where to look.
If he will COME over there, he will learn TO appreciate THE true 3D capabilities of PROFILE airplanes that we in the BROTHERHOOD love to fly.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

is that the Da Vinci Code???
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dave McDonald

If he will COME over there, he will learn TO appreciate THE true 3D capabilities of PROFILE airplanes that we in the BROTHERHOOD love to fly.

It needed to be REPEATED!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

You guys get me going. Now I want to get a Primo and another MoJo. [8D]
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
RWP
My Feedback: (2)

Maybe get a friend or someone from your club to build you a Mojo 60. I have one along with a Chinn Yak but don't fly the Yak much anymore after getting the Mojo.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
karmann34
My Feedback: (5)

Clay, got your PM. So you want to know which one profile is best for 3D?

That is a good question. Since you already have a Saito 82 but don't want to build, check with some of the guys on that other site. Someone will have a plane ready to go for a fair pirce... Or get a ChinnYak ARF from Troy at Mavericks in TX. The problem is that there is no single "Best" These guys have been doing this for a little while and they are constantly improving them. BTW the MOJO's do a lot more than hover. Another ARF to consider is the Sabre. You are already hovering and torque rolling, so get a high performance plane or build one and make it the way you want, light and strong..

Later,
Greg