Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Enough Motor ??

Old 09-17-2009, 11:12 PM
mlj3
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enough Motor ??

Hello All
I have a small Yak profile plane with a 32 inch wing span.Plane is the stick ( Balsa) version which are very popular.The all up weight of the plane ready to fly is 1 pound 60 ounces.The motor mounted on the plane is a MPI 2812- 850 outrunner with a castle creations 25 amp speed controller.Batteries are Kokam 11.1 volt 3 cell 1500 lipos. The prop has the # 11x47 on it.My question is will this setup fly this plane.This is the plane I kinda wanted to practice some 3d with but I do believe it does not have enough Power
Thanks in advance !!! Another question is why does alot of manufactures list the weights of their planes in just in ounces .If the plane weights 16 ounces then why don,t they just list the plane as weighing a pound ???! thanks !!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:05 AM
freeair

Default RE: Enough Motor ??

give you model a test flight and see how it goes, you might want to try a smaller prop as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

16+60 oz. is 4.75 lb.

Not enough motor.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:52 PM
mlj3
My Feedback: (92)

Sorry but I made a mistake on the weight. It is 1 pound 6 ounces Thanks for the replies !!